Mesa 18.1.5 Released With Many RADV Fixes, Other Changes Throughout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.1.5 Released With Many RADV Fixes, Other Changes Throughout

Phoronix: Mesa 18.1.5 Released With Many RADV Fixes, Other Changes Throughout

While Mesa 18.2 is on track for debuting as the next stable feature release by the end of August, for those sticking to the latest stable releases, that's now Mesa 18.1.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's hope this fix the annoying issues i m having with my system hang with mesa right now the version 18.1.4, any games make crash or hang the pc. I been tested on dota 2, mad max even trying opengl. Also using wine dxvk for the witcher 3, with the kernel 4.17.10-1.

Comment

Originally posted by raonlinux View Post
      Let's hope this fix the annoying issues i m having with my system hang with mesa right now the version 18.1.4, any games make crash or hang the pc. I been tested on dota 2, mad max even trying opengl. Also using wine dxvk for the witcher 3, with the kernel 4.17.10-1.
      Most of the system hang issues are related to LLVM actually , not Mesa itself.

Comment

I always wonder why it is so damm easy for applications to bring the hole system down, keyboard is not working anymore, compositor doesn't react and the GPU output is frozen. This is the no.1 annoyance for me on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
          I always wonder why it is so damm easy for applications to bring the hole system down, keyboard is not working anymore, compositor doesn't react and the GPU output is frozen. This is the no.1 annoyance for me on Linux.
          I don't have these problems on my systems and I have a lot of systems. You should try to isolate the issues on your system(s). I'm pretty sure you won't find a large number of other users with those problems.

A specific video card can easily be the culprit for those types of problems. I use almost exclusively AMD video cards with open source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post

I don't have these problems on my systems and I have a lot of systems. You should try to isolate the issues on your system(s). I'm pretty sure you won't find a large number of other users with those problems.

A specific video card can easily be the culprit for those types of problems. I use almost exclusively AMD video cards with open source drivers.
            I understand that you don't have these issues, but it doesn't necessarily means anything else. I do have 5 different AMD systems around and all of them have some issues. Not always the same, as gaming is mostly limited to my desktop, but AMD is a not that trouble free as you might think. You could easily just don't get the issues, because the kernel and distribution is quite old, AMDGPU and DC are disabled, xorg not yet at 1.20, Mesa drivers are old, Vulkan is not used, Wayland is not used, no Vega GPU or APU, ...
            But there are exceptions. My AMD AM1 systems run stable, they might be quite outdated but they never show any issues.

Comment

I wish Fedora would actually ship updated Mesa. Fedora updates a lot of packages on the release channel and generally always stays with the current stable kernel. So why is Mesa excluded? It is an essential system component on desktops, just like the kernel!

Often, Fedora even fails to update to the latest Mesa patch release, which is even more unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post

AMDGPU lacks working gpu reset support, so a misbehaving shader which causes a gpu hang will force you to hard reboot everytime.
                Last edited by Masush5; 29 July 2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

AMDGPU lacks working gpu reset support, so a misbehaving shader which causes a gpu hang will force you to hard reboot everytime.
                  True this, having a Raven Ridge 2400g GPU hangs can be really annoying. Happily they are coming much less frequently.

There is building your own kernels and mesa, I run Mageia 6 and the stock distro is still shipping kernel 4.14.xx and mesa 17.3.9 which are not really Raven Ridge friendly. Mageia has their next distro's RPMs available so I grab what I need from cauldron (mageia's development distro) and build what I need. Mesa doesn't need too much fancy stuff, other than llvm > 5.0 I'm using llvm.6.0.1. I use a QEMU image for building the i586 stuff, throw the build rpms into a i586 directory and a x86_64 directory run "genhdlist2 ." and point my repositories to those directories.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

You are right is the problem I m having right now, the odd is that before I didn't have this crashes, work perfect without issues. Now I have to force a hard reboot. For this message.
                    Code:
                    Jul 27 23:43:38 ********** assert_20180727234336_30.dmp[1953]: Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
                    Jul 27 23:43:38 ********** assert_20180727234336_30.dmp[1953]: response: CrashID=bp-0117a32f-2b5e-448a-ab69-7eb092180727
                    Jul 27 23:43:38 ********** assert_20180727234336_30.dmp[1953]: file ''/tmp/dumps/assert_20180727234336_30.dmp'', upload yes: ''CrashID=bp-0117a32f-2b5e-448a-ab69-7eb092180727''
                    Jul 27 23:53:34 ********** kernel: [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring gfx timeout, last signaled seq=516063, last emitted seq=516065
                    Jul 27 23:53:34 ********** kernel: [drm] IP block:gfx_v8_0 is hung!
                    Jul 27 23:53:34 ********** kernel: [drm] GPU recovery disabled.

Comment

Working...
                    X