Mesa 18.2 Is On The Final Days Of Development With Many New Features Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Is On The Final Days Of Development With Many New Features Coming

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Is On The Final Days Of Development With Many New Features Coming

Mesa 18.2 is going to be branched at the end of the month to mark the end of feature development for this quarterly Mesa feature release. This is a few weeks later than originally scheduled and has allowed for some extra features to land. Here is a look at some of the Mesa 18.2 changes on the way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

> - Threaded OpenGL for the Intel i965 Mesa driver.
    AFAIK no. This patch was not merged.

Comment

Originally posted by degasus View Post
      > - Threaded OpenGL for the Intel i965 Mesa driver.
      AFAIK no. This patch was not merged.
      You didn't sound certain, so I checked if I could find the changes from the patch in the master branch and you seem to be correct.

Mailing list thread: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ay/195682.html
      Link to primary source file which should be modified once the patch is applied: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me.../brw_context.c

Comment

Michael I suppose you'll do a news when the official release is done. It would be nice if you could also add some links to benchmarks between the previous released version (18.1) and the current one (18.2). That way we would see the performance improvements between two stable releases. Thx

Comment

Hi!
          Patches to build vulkan.radv HAL for android were also added as last minute in mesa-18.2
          They are just some trivial commit enabler and Android.mk building rules but they are part of an effort to enable Vulkan in android-x86
          Enjoy

Mauro

Comment

Working...
          X