Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL Compatibility Profile Updates Land In Mesa 18.2-dev

Phoronix: OpenGL Compatibility Profile Updates Land In Mesa 18.2-dev

Marek Olšák of AMD has landed the recently noted updates to the OpenGL compatibility profile support in Mesa 18.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is excellent news for some of the source ports of classic id games.

Comment

How much work is left to advertise full OpenGL 4.5 (not simply core)? Is there any place where we can track the progress?
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

No Man Sky under Wine using MESA (Radeon/AMDGPU) requires compatibility profile support to work, other modern OpenGL games do too, don't remember from the top of my head but some do.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          How much work is left to advertise full OpenGL 4.5 (not simply core)? Is there any place where we can track the progress?
          OpenGL 4.5 core *is* technically "full" OpenGL 4.5, the compatibility profile is just the retard version of it. Sadly there are far too many applications relying on it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            Do you know about mesamatrix.net?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Mesa matrix only tracks the core version, not the compat version, which I think they're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Since when does mesamatrix track the compatibility profile?
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I tried mesa-git the other day to see if rage and wolfenstein would launch, but no go. I dont have no mans sky so couldn't check that.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
                    No Man Sky under Wine using MESA (Radeon/AMDGPU) requires compatibility profile support to work
                    Is the actual game using compat profile? Why would they do it? No modern game should ever do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X