AMD Kaveri Gets A Big Performance Boost With Mesa 18.2 & AMDGPU DRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thxcv View Post

For me DC on Kaveri also does not work via HDMI, as it results in pink colour. At least one other user has also submitted a bugreport.
    I just found some old logs and remember, that it did work on my television. When i then switch the cable from TV to monitor, the color on the monitor is also correct, i only have to add the correct modes with xrandr. But it really only works when booting with the TV first....

Comment

I wanted to make a benchmark 7850K after the fix, but again got the old problem. For so much time I thought its already fixed. Resolution drops, sometimes up to 1600x900, sometimes up to 1024x768. DP connection.

Changed the driver xf86-video-amdgpu to xf86-video-ati and DP does not work there. I had to connect VGA but now there is 1920x1080. AMD drivers are a nightmare.
      Last edited by guglovich; 11 December 2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

We definitely have *some* HW floating around - the question is whether we have exactly the hardware required for a specific issue. Even when we do, not every instance behaves the same way when the programming isn't right.

I accumulated a few Kaveri systems over the years - will check through them over the weekend. I definitely have one with VGA out and *may* have a laptop with LVDS.
        Also apparently the fix does not work for RADV. I did a benchmark in Rise of the Tomb Raider on the old Mesa 18.1.4 and repeated it on the fresh Mesa 18.2.5. The difference of 2 FPS, this increase is most likely due to the improvement of the RADV code, but 50% increase from the fix does not seem, even if the represented a figure less than 50%.

Also look at the problem above.

Comment

Working...
        X