Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.0.3 Released With A Handful Of Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 18.0.3 Released With A Handful Of Fixes

While Mesa 18.1 is coming soon, the current stable release series for now is Mesa 18.0 with the 18.0.3 being released today as the newest point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meanwhile Ubuntu 18.04 is still stuck at 18.0.0-rc5. I don't know why it takes too long to update an rc release (which almost certainly has many bugs) to the latest stable point releases.

Sorry, I usually don't rant (and this is ranting since I personally don't have any problems with current ubuntu's mesa release on my systems) but I'm just in the mood today :P
    Last edited by ThanosApostolou; 07 May 2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Well, since I've installed 18.04 I haven't seen any updates at all yet. Meanwhile 16.04 have been getting them. Can't say why it is so though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
        Meanwhile Ubuntu 18.04 is still stuck at 18.0.0-rc5. I don't know why it takes too long to update an rc release (which almost certainly has many bugs) to the latest stable point releases.

Sorry, I usually don't rant (and this is ranting since I personally don't have any problems with current ubuntu's mesa release on my systems) but I'm just in the mood today :P
        Aside from the release notes html file, nothing was changed between 18.0.0-rc5 and 18.0.0.

Comment

Originally posted by kurros View Post

Aside from the release notes html file, nothing was changed between 18.0.0-rc5 and 18.0.0.
          I don't mean just 18.0.0. It should be updated to 18.0.2 and now to 18.0.3 since these are point releases for bug fixes. Of course it won't be updated to 18.1.x series due to Ubuntu's policy (it will only be updated to Ubuntu's 18.10 new mesa series when 18.04.2 release is available).

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post

they push 6 hours ago 18.0.2 to proposed, ubuntu 18.04 right now is nighmare in their mesa/optimus stack

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

they push 6 hours ago 18.0.2 to proposed, ubuntu 18.04 right now is synighmare in their mesa/optimus stack
              I don't have proposed enabled in my system but I see that it has been pushed just in 18.10 proposed not 18.04 proposed repository (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa). Am I looking at the wrong place?

Comment

I saw a developer ported Mesa 18.0.3 to Haiku (https://www.haiku-os.org) as well. Ubuntu probably will post theirs in a few days as well.

Comment

the main problem is that these drivers stuck on 3.0 opengl. Why they don't fix the mismatch between the core profile and the other shitty profile!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    the main problem is that these drivers stuck on 3.0 opengl. Why they don't fix the mismatch between the core profile and the other shitty profile!?
                    Maybe read up on why the two profiles exist. While mesa does provide a workaround for bad checks in some instances (env MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE), it can't be mesa's responsibility if an app uses the wrong version/context check. This was figured out pretty quickly by macOS devs back during the transition there, but it was never really an issue with Windows (or Linux for a long time due to the expectation of 1st-party binary drivers).
                    Last edited by kurros; 07 May 2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X