Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.1-RC2 & Mesa 18.0.2 Released

Phoronix: Mesa 18.1-RC2 & Mesa 18.0.2 Released

Mesa 18.0.2 is now the latest stable release for Mesa3D while those wishing to ride the bleeding-edge version for these OpenGL/Vulkan drivers can try Mesa 18.1-RC2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hurry up. Looking forward to a new AMDGPU Pro OpenCL stack update to work within. I have zero confidence the ROCm stuff will work with Blender for quite some time. Hopefully, they'll release for Linux 4.17. Anything after Linux 4.15.1 from Debian and the Pro OpenCL stack isn't recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Hurry up. Looking forward to a new AMDGPU Pro OpenCL stack update to work within. I have zero confidence the ROCm stuff will work with Blender for quite some time. Hopefully, they'll release for Linux 4.17. Anything after Linux 4.15.1 from Debian and the Pro OpenCL stack isn't recognized.
      Your tone could use some improving, you sound entitled. I don't think they owe you or I anything for bleeding edge support.

On Ubuntu 18.04, I'm running kernel 4.13.0-33 and latest ROCm no problem on my RX480. So what's the rush exactly to move to the 4.15 kernel that is so necessary in your daily workflow?

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Your tone could use some improving, you sound entitled. I don't think they owe you or I anything for bleeding edge support.

On Ubuntu 18.04, I'm running kernel 4.13.0-33 and latest ROCm no problem on my RX480. So what's the rush exactly to move to the 4.15 kernel that is so necessary in your daily workflow?
        Entitled? Sure. I invested and own 2,650 AMD shares. So, yes, I want a working driver. This is Silicon Valley. I'm used to quality from working at NeXT and Apple. I want this shit to be mature, not the continued, ``it's getting there'' for the past 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Entitled? Sure. I invested and own 2,650 AMD shares. So, yes, I want a working driver. This is Silicon Valley. I'm used to quality from working at NeXT and Apple. I want this shit to be mature, not the continued, ``it's getting there'' for the past 18 months.
          On Linux these shares worth probably 20% out of 0.33% per steam survey, which is much less than second hand card

Diminsh that for Debian only, further diminish it for Testing/Sid... see that likely worth very near zero

AMD had not relesed any driver this month even for Windows, probably waiting for Spring update Windows 10 breakages

People should buy shares for Linux bugs, that likely will always be worthy
          Last edited by dungeon; 28 April 2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Btw: vaExportSurfaceHandle() was implemented with 18.0.1 (wasn't mentioned in its news article), allowing VAAPI-EGL with Radeons.
            This is very important, as it allows VAAPI on Wayland and newer formats like HEVC 10 bit. Already works in mpv-git.

Comment

Working...
            X