Mesa 18.0 Should Arrive Today With Many Vulkan/OpenGL Driver Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.0 Should Arrive Today With Many Vulkan/OpenGL Driver Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa 18.0 Should Arrive Today With Many Vulkan/OpenGL Driver Improvements

After a one month development hiatus, Mesa 18.0 is due to be released today as the first major Mesa 3D release of 2018...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linux always had better support for older hardware, such as the case with R600. It's laughable in windows to get new feature additions for 10+ year old hardware. What has changed is that we are now getting much much better support for day 1 hardware releases. Thanks all the companies for supporting the free platform and the efforts of the community.

Comment

I will continue to support those with my wallet who make better products on Linux. I have 15 Linux boxes included 4 Linux gaming rigs and I will always purchase the open drivers because they are simply superior in stability and quality for me. Great work @ all who have contributed to such an amazing stack.

Comment

Working...
      X