Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GraphicsFuzz Demo Works On Fuzzing Your GPU Drivers Through WebGL In The Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GraphicsFuzz Demo Works On Fuzzing Your GPU Drivers Through WebGL In The Browser

Phoronix: GraphicsFuzz Demo Works On Fuzzing Your GPU Drivers Through WebGL In The Browser

In the past we have reported on work done by students at the Imperial College London on fuzzing OpenGL drivers and in the process uncovering various driver bugs affecting Linux too. They have out a new WebGL demo that has already uncovered at least one Mesa driver bug...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Consider sharing your result on twitter, looks like linux + nvidia + proprietary driver produces 6 errors, 9/15 passed

Comment

The @GraphicsFuzz demo found 9 issues (6/15 tests passed) on my desktop device, affecting my @AMD GPU driver, LOL (r600 Mesa), in Chromium probably because of extensions it's even worse 5/15 tests passed, than 4/15, this is very random...
      Chrome is trowing "0:650(1): error: syntax error, unexpected '}'" at shader compilation, while firefox does not.

Comment

I tried it on my Win7+NVidia PC at work. With an updated driver 6 failed with linker errors, 1 failed to produce a picture and 9 were successful. Before updating (it was on 344), one of the tests actually crashed the driver. I'll have to check back home in Linux whether the results are similar.

Comment

Test 15 hangs my os. I can only reset my computer.

AMD rx 480
          Mesa: 17.3.5
          Kernel: 4.15.5

Comment

Windows with Firefox
            The @GraphicsFuzz demo found 7 issues (8/15 tests passed) on my desktop device, affecting my @nvidia GPU driver and/or google ANGLE
            Windows with Chrome
            The @GraphicsFuzz demo found 6 issues (9/15 tests passed) on my desktop device, affecting my @nvidia GPU driver and/or google ANGLE
            Its a bit disappointing that there are no results from the nativ OpenGL ES Implementations from the Desktop GPUs.

EDIT: If i disable Angle, all Tets fail.

The @ GraphicsFuzz demo found 15 issues (0/15 tests passed) on my desktop device, affecting my @ nvidia GPU driver
            Last edited by Nille; 28 February 2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Cause lockup on r600g

Comment

Current nvidia windows 10 driver fails miserably, 8/15 passed.

Comment

AMD radeon driver on Kaveri fails only test 15, but that causes a complete system hang and the only option is a forced reboot.

kernel 4.15.6
                  mesa 17.3.6

Comment

Now making its way to an exploit kit near you!

Comment

Working...
                    X