Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.3.5 Released To Fix A RADV Bug

Phoronix: Mesa 17.3.5 Released To Fix A RADV Bug

While Mesa 17.3.4 was just released a few days ago with 90+ changes, Mesa 17.3.5 is now available as a quick follow-up release due to a serious bug...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Today's Padoka's PPA update completely broke my Plasmashell session, on Kubuntu 17.10, with the latest KDE version, on a RX570. So if if your system is work fine, don't update, wait for another release. Right now I'm falling back do his PKPPA repo, witch is stuck on Mesa 17.3.2.
    Last edited by M@GOid; 19 February 2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Today's Padoka's PPA update completely broke my Plasmashell session, on Kubuntu 17.10, with the latest KDE version, on a RX570. So if if your system is work fine, don't update, wait for another release. Right now I'm falling back do his PKPPA repo, witch is stuck on Mesa 17.3.2.
      The Ubuntu X-Swat PPA has 17.3.3 also if you're interested.

Comment

Wow, needed to stare at the code for a couple of minutes to even see what the typo was even though the diff was right there

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

The Ubuntu X-Swat PPA has 17.3.3 also if you're interested.
          Ubuntu-X-Swat-Ppa is stable, although it's not always up to date.

Comment

Had somebody faced a black screen with cursor with SDDM (or "Ooops" screen with GDM) after updating Mesa to 17.3.x?
            I'm on Fedora 27 and Mesa 17.2.4 is last one that can successfully start GUI login prompt on my AMD RX 480/580/Vega.

With black screen I cannot even switch to text console with (Ctrl-Alt-F2,3,4,...) -- all I can do is cursor moving and hard reset. Also noticed that just before black screen of death a coloured noise appears shortly on display.
            Downgrading Mesa solves the problem.

Comment

I've been playing through The Talos Principle and there is a nasty visual glitch with the 17.3.4 radv driver, downgraded back to 17.3.3 all is fine. Wonder if this is the same issue. Waiting for 17.3.5 to be added to Arch so I can test again.

Comment

Originally posted by uentity View Post
                Had somebody faced a black screen with cursor with SDDM (or "Ooops" screen with GDM) after updating Mesa to 17.3.x?
                I'm on Fedora 27 and Mesa 17.2.4 is last one that can successfully start GUI login prompt on my AMD RX 480/580/Vega.

With black screen I cannot even switch to text console with (Ctrl-Alt-F2,3,4,...) -- all I can do is cursor moving and hard reset. Also noticed that just before black screen of death a coloured noise appears shortly on display.
                Are you already on kernel 4.15? If yes, try adding the kernel command line option amdgpu.dc=0 - I've read about similar problems of some people with DC: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c...lems/?sort=new

I also have problems with a black screen: My second monitor just stays black and no supported resolutions are detected. But since I have an older AMD R9 380 (mostly a 285), where DC is disabled by default anyway, I couldn't figure out yet whether it's the kernel, mesa or xrandr update...

Comment

Originally posted by uentity View Post

When "Ooops" error happens while upgrading Mesa, it is usually related to LLVM/CLANG, it might be the case that Mesa was built against different enough versions to make gnome unusable. I usually add some really lightweight DE (LXDE for example) to see if that is the case before rolling back or changing version of llvm (&libs) and clang.

Comment

Working...
                  X