Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.3.4 Released With 90+ Changes

Phoronix: Mesa 17.3.4 Released With 90+ Changes

While Mesa 18.0 should be released in the days ahead as the latest feature release to Mesa 3D, backporting of fixes/improvements to Mesa 17.3 isn't letting up. For those using this stable series from last quarter, Mesa 17.3.4 is out today with nearly 100 changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you're using a Skylake or later GPU, I highly recommend upgrading - it has several critical GPU hang fixes.
    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
      If you're using a Skylake or later GPU, I highly recommend upgrading - it has several critical GPU hang fixes.
      Intel won't provide fresh driver in simply way for the most distros. Ubuntu distros need ppa. Fedora is almost the same, Rolling distros are not stable for work. I have no ideia why intel don't make repos (not old) for the distros

Comment

Just an observation but on a Lenovo laptop with a Mullins era APU with Radeon R4 class graphics and running Ubuntu 17.10 I upgraded from Mesa 17.2 to Padoka PPA and Mesa 17.3.4 and on a certain website that live streams certain American cable channels the feed REALLY smooths out and plays like butter now. This site does NOT use Flash to stream the content. The other site I go to requires Flash to stream the same content and saw no improvement.

Saw a small tick up in framerates in Tuxcart and Minetest and Astro Menace. Nothing shocking.

Looking forward to installing Padoka PPA and Mesa 17.3.4 on my Bristol Ridge APU equipped desktop and laptop at home once I return from travels. Really pleased with the performance of non Flash streaming sites

Comment

Careful, it seems radv is very broken in 17.3.4

Comment

Working...
          X