Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google & Collabora Working On OpenGL ES 2.0 Virtualized GPU Access For Containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google & Collabora Working On OpenGL ES 2.0 Virtualized GPU Access For Containers

Phoronix: Google & Collabora Working On OpenGL ES 2.0 Virtualized GPU Access For Containers

Robert Foss of Collabora has shared some work they are engaged in with Google for virtualizing GPU access and allowing for OpenGL ES 2.0 acceleration for containers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is cool, and I've just started learning OpenGL ES 2.0 for use on the Dragonbox Pyra. What I'd really like is instructions on how to do it from a Windows Host, that would be really useful to me because then I could do some dev work on Windows without having to use Windows (which sucks for the dev work I'm doing at the moment).

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      then I could do some dev work on Windows
      uninstall windows, problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        This is cool, and I've just started learning OpenGL ES 2.0 for use on the Dragonbox Pyra. What I'd really like is instructions on how to do it from a Windows Host, that would be really useful to me because then I could do some dev work on Windows without having to use Windows (which sucks for the dev work I'm doing at the moment).
        GSoC 2017 | Virgl Windows Driver. GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.

Windows driver for windows guest is a independent problem. For direct x stuff to work you will have to use wined3d under windows.

Wait you were thinking of running this one windows.

Please note its not possible to use what was demoed with OpenGL ES 2.0 with closed source drivers. TGSI is also being replaced in the open source stack by NIR. TGSI and NIR are both internal open source driver bytecode things of course Nvidia closed source linux and windows driver closed source have their own internal bytecodes for shaders with no function to pass those between hosts.

So I don't see how a windows host at least in the short term is anywhere near possible.

Comment

Working...
        X