Mesa 12.0 To Mesa 18.0 Benchmarks Show The OpenGL/Vulkan Radeon Evolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 12.0 To Mesa 18.0 Benchmarks Show The OpenGL/Vulkan Radeon Evolution

Phoronix: Mesa 12.0 To Mesa 18.0 Benchmarks Show The OpenGL/Vulkan Radeon Evolution

Last week I provided some benchmarks showing how the RADV and RadeonSI performance changed with Mesa 18.0 while in this comparison is a look at how the Mesa 18.0 performance has evolved since Mesa 12.0 for Radeon open-source Linux graphics driver performance.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25982

So basically: More performance! Interestingly enough, my RX480 is exactly as fast, as the RX580 in Unigine Valley...

Comment

Wow. I hope this makes into the next Ubuntu LTS release.

Comment

Wake me when this gets released so AMD releases an AMDGPU PRO update and gives me a working OpenCL and Mesa 18 stack once more. The asinine time to get a mature OpenCL stack into Libdrm is glacial.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
          Wake me when this gets released so AMD releases an AMDGPU PRO update and gives me a working OpenCL and Mesa 18 stack once more. The asinine time to get a mature OpenCL stack into Libdrm is glacial.
          I'm currently running OpenSuse Tumbleweed with Kernel 4.15, Mesa 18 and *ONLY* the relevant closed source OpenCL components on my system right now.

Have a look at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/opencl-amd/ and the packagebuild script. I was able to adapt it for Tumbleweed and also used the RHEL7 (rpm based) version of amdgpu-pro driver package.

Comment

I wondered for long, is there a reason Rocket League never got into the test parkour?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
              I wondered for long, is there a reason Rocket League never got into the test parkour?
              No automated benchmarking capability as far as I know.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nexusband View Post
                So basically: More performance! Interestingly enough, my RX480 is exactly as fast, as the RX580 in Unigine Valley...
                It's basically the same card with some improvements.

Comment

This reflects very badly on GPUTest, in my opinion. It's designed to test GPU performance, but shows the inverse of the actual real-world results; All real-world games improved in performance anywhere between slightly and significantly, whereas GPUTest seemed to show a decrease in performance.

Comment

And still HITMAN (2016) doesn't work for me for about a year now. :-(

Broke with LLVM 4.x and is still present - no change in recent Mesa or LLVM versions...

Comment

Working...
                    X