No announcement yet.

Advanced DRI Configurator: A New Mesa GUI Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Any Arch user who is going to make the adriconf-git package and upload it to AUR? That would be cool.

Comment

Wasn't ~/.drirc going to be deprecated?

Comment

What's wrong with settings in game?

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
          Wasn't ~/.drirc going to be deprecated?
          The problem with ~/.drirc is that the old GUI is always writing all effective settings (so also settings from /etc/drirc) to ~/.drirc. So that if you used it once you may have settings in there that changed in /etc/drirc because the drivers were updated/fixed and you would overwrite this setting with your old version from ~/.drirc.

That's why it was proposed to eliminate ~/.drirc and only have /etc/drirc.
          If the new tool only saves settings you changed to ~/.drirc I think it will stay.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
            If the new tool only saves settings you changed to ~/.drirc I think it will stay.
            Indeed. If this new tool is here to stay and supersedes the old driconf, that would be quite good news.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              As soon as RADV got into a good shape, AMD released its own. So make this one cool, and AMD immediately gives you full Radeon Settings on Qt.
              I know you're just twisting things for fun, but it's just as fair to say "as soon as AMD announced they were going to be opening up their Vulkan driver, Dave started working on radv" and equally irrelevant.

Your analogy would only work if we had already said that we were working on a driconf replacement... which we have not.
              Last edited by bridgman; 16 January 2018, 06:52 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

What is this QT vs GTK crap? If you don't like it, write it yourself. This is some guy's hobby project.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                  What is this QT vs GTK crap?
                  It is toolkit war, as any other war

Some people think that -80F (-62C) is impossible to live cold, while some says "no it is not cold, everything is normal"

Actually all thermometers stopped working at that point, so it is likely even less - but they don't care

Last edited by dungeon; 16 January 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                    That's good. I was a bit worried having nothing heard of a replacement for the prime settings.

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
                    Nice. Any Arch user who is going to make the adriconf-git package and upload it to AUR? That would be cool.
                    Now that he fixed the gui I made one: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/adriconf-git/
                    Makes use of my pull request to include the glade file into the binary via glib resource which I just now looked up how to do: https://github.com/jlHertel/adriconf/pull/4

Comment

Really cool stuff, let's contribute some translations and maybe design suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                      X