Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC5 Gallium3D Driver Is Onto Pushing More Triangles In Simulator

Phoronix: VC5 Gallium3D Driver Is Onto Pushing More Triangles In Simulator

The VC5 open-source Gallium3D driver designed to support the next generation of Broadcom VideoCore graphics hardware is onto rendering more triangles, at least with the hardware simulator...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm thinking..... no new raspberry pi this February. As much as people are excited for a new one, this driver is no where ready. I'd rather that hardware AFTER the driver is top notch than new hardware and have to wait for function and performance. And yes, shocking I know, I expect an open-source driver to get their performance up to a professional driver BEFORE the hardware releases, not YEARS after.
    Last edited by dh04000; 09 January 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

do we really want a new pi yet, do we need an Upgrade over the 3 already?

Comment

“do we really want a new pi yet”

Personally, I’d take a stable hardware platform over lots of variants with minor differences in performance. The RPi already does what it needs to for the most part. For anything else just get a mini PC or similar...

Still good to see ARM vendors do Mesa, though. Makes it easy to choose which devices to buy.

Comment

Working...
        X