Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 384.90 Linux Driver Brings Fixes, Quadro P5200 Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 384.90 Linux Driver Brings Fixes, Quadro P5200 Support

One day after releasing updated GeForce Linux legacy drivers, NVIDIA is now out with an update to their long-lived 384 branch...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...84.90-Released

• "Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs."
    Those changes aren't so mundane if your card is affected by this show-stopper,
    glad my brain isn't affected with epilepsy

this applied to Palit & Gainward gk104 cards

Comment

like always say, they support linux, waiting for this reach the repos

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        • "Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs."

Those changes aren't so mundane if your card is affected by this show-stopper,
        glad my brain isn't affected with epilepsy

this applied to Palit & Gainward gk104 cards
        It's a regression which means it was working fine in previous drivers. If you're affected, you're probably using an older driver instead. Still annoying, but certainly not a show stopper

Comment

What about proper Optimus support? The users of Linux laptops with Optimus are suffering a lot, it's time to give us a relief...

Comment

I couldn't be happier since switching from AMD to NVIDIA. Having graphics drivers that actually work, even with a GUI for adjusting settings for goodness sake, is just awesome! It's only a lowly GT 710 but it's great for video and light gaming. And I still use my expensive R9 390 in a KVM W10 machine for heavy gaming. For the first time in over a year I have a fully functioning system and, as I said, it's awesome!

Comment

I hope the VDPAU blank screen playback regression introduced in 384.69 was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                I hope the VDPAU blank screen playback regression introduced in 384.69 was fixed.
                VDPAU looks to be on borrowed time. The new hot thing is "nvdec"..

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  What about proper Optimus support? The users of Linux laptops with Optimus are suffering a lot, it's time to give us a relief...
                  Nvidia Prime just works fine if you are Ok logging out and logging in back if not bumblebee is just fine..

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    Nvidia Prime works fine if you are Ok with logging out and logging in if not bumblebee should just do...

Comment

Working...
                    X