Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 384.90 Linux Driver Brings Fixes, Quadro P5200 Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NVIDIA 384.90 Linux Driver Brings Fixes, Quadro P5200 Support

    Phoronix: NVIDIA 384.90 Linux Driver Brings Fixes, Quadro P5200 Support

    One day after releasing updated GeForce Linux legacy drivers, NVIDIA is now out with an update to their long-lived 384 branch...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...84.90-Released

  • #2
    • "Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs."
    Those changes aren't so mundane if your card is affected by this show-stopper,
    glad my brain isn't affected with epilepsy

    this applied to Palit & Gainward gk104 cards

    Comment


    • #3
      like always say, they support linux, waiting for this reach the repos

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        • "Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs."

        Those changes aren't so mundane if your card is affected by this show-stopper,
        glad my brain isn't affected with epilepsy

        this applied to Palit & Gainward gk104 cards
        It's a regression which means it was working fine in previous drivers. If you're affected, you're probably using an older driver instead. Still annoying, but certainly not a show stopper

        Comment


        • #5
          What about proper Optimus support? The users of Linux laptops with Optimus are suffering a lot, it's time to give us a relief...

          Comment


          • #6
            I couldn't be happier since switching from AMD to NVIDIA. Having graphics drivers that actually work, even with a GUI for adjusting settings for goodness sake, is just awesome! It's only a lowly GT 710 but it's great for video and light gaming. And I still use my expensive R9 390 in a KVM W10 machine for heavy gaming. For the first time in over a year I have a fully functioning system and, as I said, it's awesome!

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope the VDPAU blank screen playback regression introduced in 384.69 was fixed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                I hope the VDPAU blank screen playback regression introduced in 384.69 was fixed.
                VDPAU looks to be on borrowed time. The new hot thing is "nvdec"..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  What about proper Optimus support? The users of Linux laptops with Optimus are suffering a lot, it's time to give us a relief...
                  Nvidia Prime just works fine if you are Ok logging out and logging in back if not bumblebee is just fine..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    What about proper Optimus support? The users of Linux laptops with Optimus are suffering a lot, it's time to give us a relief...
                    Nvidia Prime works fine if you are Ok with logging out and logging in if not bumblebee should just do...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X