Nouveau Gets Thermal Throttling, One Step Closer For GTX 900 Re-Clocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Intuition and logic are both "logical reasoning" in your brain, but I describe the difference as logic being a conscious/visible reasoning process and intuition being more of a subconscious "you're not quite sure what got combined or how it got combined but there is the answer" thing.

Intuition tells you there might be an answer "in that general direction", then you carve out some quiet time and try to recreate it with logic to see where it came from and whether it holds up under the bright light of scrutiny.
    exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Please check the definitions, as intuition and logic are two mutually exclusive ways of reaching an answer. You can combine them to solve bigger problems, of course.
      that's not right. Intuition is simply on a lower level than logic. You also don't say that an oven and heat are mutually exclusive ways to cook. Intuition is much more fundamental than logic is. Without intuition you wouldn't be able to do any logic at all. Like you can't build a house without a foundation.

You do realize that this has nothing to do with logic and intuition?
      uhm, yes it has a lot. the capabilities of your logic and intuition is defined by the neural network.

Thinking out of the box is still reasoning, logic.
      wrong

That's an expression that means "approaching the same problem from another perspective", not pulling answers from your ass.
      Intuition doesn't mean you pull the answer from your ass. Intuition is still based on what your brain perceived and the structure of the neural network inside your brain. Your intuition has access to far more information your logic has and so does even have a higher potential of "figuring things out" the downside is that you have no control over it. Maybe your random thought is the answer, maybe it's bullshit, maybe what you feel is the right answer is the right answer, but you can't figure out why that is.
      Sometimes you read a question and you know the answer, just like that. Some big researchers had their big theories started based on intuition or "random thoughts", which they filled with logically conclusions later on. Intuition is if you shower and have random thoughts and randomly just think the right answer to a problem which kept you busy for a long time.

That's intuition. Intuition is not anti-logic.

Comment

There is no need to come up with synonyms for "sapiens sapiens" that is so much easier to recognize.
        I was just thinking about mathematical savants and analog computers. Don't ask me why but it reminded me of this conversation. There is no analog computer that can even come close to approaching the precision of a digital computer. If it could the analog computer would need a mile long scale with mm sampling precision. That's why mathematically accurate analog computers don't exist. And yet knowing this and that the human brain is an analog quantum computer, I'm surprised to realize there are mathematical savants in this world that -do- approach the accuracy of digital computers. And some of them even said that they don't think about the answer. One guy said he could see the answer as colors overlaid on his vision. One lady said she could smell the answers. I mean wow.

I think that phenomena must somehow be related to intuition.

EDIT: I mean something deeper beyond brain damage, something brain damage or underdevelopment or whatever the cause, "connects".
        Last edited by duby229; 24 July 2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Test signature

Comment

So how would one go about trying this hacked Maxwell2 reclocking? I guess I could download it from git and attempt to compile and install it myself, but I would rather not. Karol Herbst said in the patch(following the link in the aricle) that he would feel safe to add support for this "later on" and that it would be "hidden behind a switch." When would you consider later on to be and what is this switch? I would very much like to try this on my MSI GS60 with GTX 970M, since not even Ubuntu's nvidia-prime works well anymore for Optimus laptops and most other solutions only have always on support for the Nvidia dGPU.

Comment

Working...
            X