Power Management Updates Touch Intel P-State & More For Linux 4.13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Management Updates Touch Intel P-State & More For Linux 4.13

Phoronix: Power Management Updates Touch Intel P-State & More For Linux 4.13

Rafael Wysocki has submitted the ACPI and power management updates for the Linux 4.13 merge window...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...wer-Management

I sincerely hope in power management optimization so to make more and more the machine reliable.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      New hardware suppport like the hi3660 and rk3228 support

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        - x86 systems will no longer try to export their current CPU frequency to /proc/cpuinfo.
        Oh. So, how should I read it now then? Probably something in sysfs, but "grep MHz /proc/cpuinfo" was pretty simple to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          I sincerely hope in power management optimization so to make more and more the machine reliable.
          I use a asus laptop with ubuntu 17.04unity low graphics tlp kernel 4.12 intel pstate(powersave) without turbo i76500u two ssd and 16 gb of ram, monitor FH with a 44/48wh battery and I can work (coding ofice and browser) with a third of brightness and keyboard light at minimum, mouse and wifi, and I have 7 to 9 hours of battery life, and bumblebee, the low battery life is myth and lie in linux ecosystem this days

Comment

My USB Broadcom bluetooth dongle is still broken since early 4.12 release candidates, I was hoping the Broadcom/usb updates I saw in the kernel today/yesterday might have fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Oh. So, how should I read it now then? Probably something in sysfs, but "grep MHz /proc/cpuinfo" was pretty simple to me.
              it will probably now state the retail mhz instread of current mhz. as how it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                it will probably now state the retail mhz instread of current mhz. as how it should be.
                Yes, but I tried to ask how can I read the current frequency now that /proc/cpuinfo doesn't tell it anymore.

Comment

depends on your distro as there are several tools to do that.. just google it?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    depends on your distro as there are several tools to do that.. just google it?
                    Code:
                    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
                    Not very easy to remember and requires root user. I can always alias this, but it would still require sudo. lscpu command seems to be able to see this without elevating privileges, so there should be a way to do it without root.

Comment

Working...
                    X