Trying Nouveau With HITMAN On Linux Doesn't Get Too Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dumas777 View Post
    The GNU hairball bash sure is not on your system by default if its a proper UNIX. I would say you are better off learning ksh since it is POSIX and all but considering Red Hat is wiping their ass with POSIX in their quest to turn Linux into Windows lite bring on the shellshock hairball.
    FYI, ksh isn't more POSIX than Bash (or tcsh or sh or ash or whatever other POSIX-compliant shell).
    Just like bash it has more features that are not POSIX, and if you use them your scripts are not interoperable.

Comment

Is there any bug report with the apitrace asked by karolherbst before?

Comment

Michael might want to give this another shot -- Karol Herbst was able to provide enough information for the crashes from replaying an apitrace from a bug reported against radeonsi that I was able to come up with a fix for those crashes -- https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...aaff4fe987b6f2. Could be that there are more issues left -- the trace wasn't usable directly since radeonsi has less strict alignment requirements for various buffer types.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post
          Michael might want to give this another shot -- Karol Herbst was able to provide enough information for the crashes from replaying an apitrace from a bug reported against radeonsi that I was able to come up with a fix for those crashes -- https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...aaff4fe987b6f2. Could be that there are more issues left -- the trace wasn't usable directly since radeonsi has less strict alignment requirements for various buffer types.
          imirkin and karolherbst is it a blocker in not being able to get access to the games easily? If I could get e.g. Feral to provide free access to you guys to new games, would it be easier for you guys? / Would you take advantage of it? (Not sure if you guys have had any contact from Feral, etc.) Happy to try to get Feral to get you guys access if you are interested.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

imirkin and karolherbst is it a blocker in not being able to get access to the games easily? If I could get e.g. Feral to provide free access to you guys to new games, would it be easier for you guys? / Would you take advantage of it? (Not sure if you guys have had any contact from Feral, etc.) Happy to try to get Feral to get you guys access if you are interested.
            I've interacted with a Feral guy (whose name I don't want to post here, lest everyone try to contact him for free stuff) who has been very helpful. In general he's offered keys proactively - I haven't asked directly yet. The last time it was for F1 2015, and we haven't been able to get the game going at all on nouveau, so I feel a little bad asking for more - it costs them real money, not funny money, since they don't own the game, and nouveau is hardly a priority for them - and not like it helped much for F1 2015, although I did fix a few core mesa items related to it.

I guess the short version is that I'm set with regards to Feral contacts. I also got on the "Valve games for free" plan for Mesa developers. No contacts anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
            X