NVIDIA Makes Huge Code Contribution To Qt, New Qt 3D Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lumks View Post
    You dont follow the development, do you? AMD hired Community Members that where working on the driver, Valve hired community members to work on the driver. Feral is working on the drivers. Your "no community" seems to me like a gread community across many companies and individuals. Today, the AMDGPU/RadeonSI driver stack is most likely one of the best supported and working drivers in linux-world
    That sounds great, but many people are we talking about here?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

That kernel is already relicensed under "Apple License", that's what I meant. Whatever they do, they will not follow any established rules, they'll always make their own.

Yes, it's clearly open source. They didn't have to open source nearly as much as they have.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

The open source drivers support cards back to 2000, so I'm skeptical about that. 2002 was r300 which has decent support.
        Hmm, i just booted it up again, and i'm not really sure what i had in my head. It's an HD3200 iGPU, paired to a AMD Athlon X2 3250e 1.5ghz with 2GB ram, so not a very fast machine, but i do have direct rendering and XBMC is able to even playback my h264 dvd rips.

i do remember back in the 2005-2010 time frame, many bugs related to running world of warcraft via wine with AMD/ATI video cards, that just worked on nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by cynyr View Post
          I'm running a nvidia GTS450 in my main desktop from about 10 years ago now, and it still works with the current closed source nvidia driver.
          About 10 is at most 6 and a few months. That GPU was released in September 2010. If you'd really be comparing to an NVIDIA GPU from 10 years ago, 8-series cards, you'd have a different experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cynyr View Post

Hmm, i just booted it up again, and i'm not really sure what i had in my head. It's an HD3200 iGPU, paired to a AMD Athlon X2 3250e 1.5ghz with 2GB ram, so not a very fast machine, but i do have direct rendering and XBMC is able to even playback my h264 dvd rips.

i do remember back in the 2005-2010 time frame, many bugs related to running world of warcraft via wine with AMD/ATI video cards, that just worked on nvidia.
            I certainly believe you had tons of troubles with it back then. The drivers of today are very different than circa 2010.

Comment

Working...
            X