Nouveau Gets Patches For HDMI Stereoscopic 3D Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

So true. I can't possibly agree any more. For me it's even worse because the 3D encoding, to my eyes just looks like two frames displayed at once with them being slightly off center from one another. It doesn't look 3 dimensional at all, just fucked up.
    Passive 3D is far much comfortable in actual use, just like watching 3D movie in the cinema. The only down side is its vertical resolution is halved.

I used to use a passive monitor to play a game L4D2 in Windows for years. After Steam introduced Linux version, I can finally switch to Linux for my home computer, though there is no stereoscopic 3D driver in Linux.

And now, as usual, the features comes from Linux for desktop users is always too late.

Comment

Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post

Some would tell you that you can't even see the difference with 4k.
      4K only useful if you have a big screen, and you sit close to the big screen. What affect quality more is color depth and accuracy, which is still too expensive for the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post

Some would tell you that you can't even see the difference with 4k.
        Yeah, probably the HDR and wider color space are more noticeable than the resolution increase

Comment

Working...
        X