X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*receiving ^ No editing comment? Why?

Comment

*Reclocking
      God I hate spell correct and swype keyboard. It consistently destroys my sentences if I even look away for one tiny fraction of a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
        Great news! That's some progress! But i'm only partially understanding this. Am I right that at some future kernel and Nvidia proprietary driver that these improvements will get fully taken advantage of?
        Nope. This has nothing to do with the proprietary driver, it's improvements to the OSS driver.

Which is why NVidia and Valve won't care about this. They'll stick with the proprietary driver which already has the higher performance and a lot more stability.

Comment

Quick question, is there a reason for using the 750 GTX versus say a 770 or 780GTX? I have a 770GTX and I'm curious to know if there are issues with the card. I currently don't run a desktop system but am considering using it in an external GPU case until I get funds together for a new GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
            Quick question, is there a reason for using the 750 GTX versus say a 770 or 780GTX? I have a 770GTX and I'm curious to know if there are issues with the card. I currently don't run a desktop system but am considering using it in an external GPU case until I get funds together for a new GPU.
            Because these improvements covered in this article cover only Maxwell and newer. GM107 / Maxwell 1 is GTX 750 series where as rest of Maxwell series is GTX 900 series. Rest of non-750 GTX 700 series is all Kepler based. In other benchmarks where I am looking at Kepler performance too I do include the GTX 780 Ti and what not.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
              i know i don't talk for everyone, but i have a gtx 750 ti low profile card. no need for beefier psu, and the card is smaller. still delivers satisfactory performance for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Thanks. This is the item: https://trello.com/c/0WqnRuER/126-dynamic-reclocking

Sounds like it's still far off.
                Actually not. I will try to get it into the normal before summer 2017 hidden behind a module option. There are some things, which should be implemented before enabling it by default: software throttling on high temperature. But for dynamic relocking most of the things are already implemented in a git tree of mine.

Comment

Working...
                X