A Look At The Huge Performance Boosts With Nouveau Mesa 17.0-devel On Maxwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Unless you have a pascal card then it's perfectly possible to use nvflash (cracked linux version exists) and MaxwellBiostweaker(wine+dotnet30 required), for Kepler cards use KeplerBiosTweaker.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenByte View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to edit the actual BIOS on the card to have higher frequency on boot.
    Yeah, you can do it. Use nvagetbios, nvbios and an hex editor to edit the bios in the way you want. Then you can ask nouveau to use a certain bios file instead of reading it from the GPU. This way, no risks outside of the thermal/power ones.

All the nouveau-related tools are in envytools, found on github. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    for the first time nouveau on gtx 750 / ti can be considered for gaming

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenByte View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to edit the actual BIOS on the card to have higher frequency on boot.
    Back in the day, yes, but these days I don't think so. Not sure nibitor or whatever that third party Nvidia bios editor is even maintained anymore.

Leave a comment:

• wdb974
    replied
    As much as I despise nvidia, it's good to see its open source drivers make progress.

Leave a comment:

• GreenByte
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A Look At The Huge Performance Boosts With Nouveau Mesa 17.0-devel On Maxwell

Phoronix: A Look At The Huge Performance Boosts With Nouveau Mesa 17.0-devel On Maxwell

Landing this week in Mesa 17.0-devel Git was OpenGL 4.3 for NVC0 Maxwell and a big performance boost as well for these GeForce GTX 750 / 900 series NVIDIA "Maxwell" graphics processors. Here are some before/after benchmarks of the performance improvements, which the patch cited as "1.5~3.5x better", when testing a GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GTX 980.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X