X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    This is why you should believe nvidia when they come up with something else than GBM.
    this is why only butthurt idiot could believe nvidia

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by cruelj View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me, how people still have money/time/motivation to work on nouveau, while NVIDIA obviously doesn't wan't an opensource driver.
    i have better question: how people still have money/time/motivation to sponsor most linux-hostile hardware manufacturer

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
    For AMD is about time to give up from non free driver
    amd can't give up from paying customers no matter how often you ask

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Basically opensource drivers are not copy/paste clones from proprietary - there would be always some gap here and there
    it works both ways

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Ehvis View Post
    I've been running Linux exclusively for almost 15 years. And for all that time NVidia has provided fast and working drivers. I have a hard time calling that "heinous".
    you have been running nvidia-blessed kind of linux in nvidia-blessed way with some strange definition of "working". you could just as well run windows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Is there a proper explanation for that?
    i don't know, maybe because 20 developers is more than 2? (numbers are arbitrary)

Leave a comment:

• trek
    replied
    Originally posted by artivision View Post
    I don't understand why Nvidia doesn't offer (aside closed) open power management to the Linux kernel.
    I've got the idea that Nvidia has superior software (but not hardware) and they try defend their advantage improving the closed source driver and not helping open source knowledge sharing

Leave a comment:

• AdamOne
    replied
    I've been running Linux exclusively for almost 15 years. And for all that time NVidia has provided fast and working drivers. I have a hard time calling that "heinous".
    I wrote "Nvidias perspective on OS", you ought to know what thats short for, after 15 years

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    This is why you should believe nvidia when they come up with something else than GBM.
    Because they don't publish the specs to change power states on their hardware?

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by imirkin View Post
    The real issue is that on all but the GTX 680 board, memory reclocking completely fails. So you have a high core speed and the original lowest memory clock. This yields totally crap performance (as can be seen).
    actually engine reclocking fails due to voltage mismatches

Leave a comment:

Working...
X