Nouveau Open-Source NVIDIA Tests On Linux 4.8, Mesa 12.1-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Thanks. That basically answered my question. I guess fan runs at full speed all of the time (i.e. annoying but not dangerous)?
    You mean lowest for high quality roasting.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Not my day
      It is not a problem JB, i am not from yesterday as i know things already It is fine as AMD give both options to people, that is cool

Currently running here Catalyst Pro driver on consumer APU and 4.8-rc3 kernel, works fine it seems - unbreakable C-Pro blobby really, it is just a little X abi bound

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        I didn't said anywhere that you are a fool . On one hand you have what opensource developers recommends that are oss drivers, which is expected, obvious so normal Also users who value opensource, recommend that too - me too, when they works fine of course and if they don't satisfy i recommend else to try too.

So as soon as you go out of linux "apple to apple" tree there is a different story too... so if you value reallity also, now go at AMD site and tell me what you see there

You should read bridgman's post right above yours. AMD shouldn't post oss drivers on their website. It's important that distro maintainers incorporate them seemlessly for a good out of box experience. Simply choose a distro and boot up to it, that's how you choose oss drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          You should read bridgman's post right above yours.
          I think i read that and there was no some special magic in these words that i already dunno... so i didn't recomment on that, satisified?

Comment

There's another post stuck in moderation that explicitly talks about whether posting drivers on vendor site is "the Linux way", but still nothing you don't already know
            Last edited by bridgman; 24 August 2016, 03:44 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

There's another post stuck in moderation
              I explicitly wait for that one, have not better things to do

that explicitly talks about whether posting drivers on vendor site is "the Linux way"
              That is why you choose to have amdgpu-pro drivers on AMD site which are actually not the Linux way but the Ubuntu way

Comment

I think i read that and there was no some special magic in these words that i already dunno... so i didn't recomment on that, satisified?
                So I guess this is the Pick and Choose Reality Hour show eh? Where's the camera at?

Comment

, but still nothing you don't already know
                  Uh, so even you can tell me something nouveau

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                    So I guess this is the Pick and Choose Reality Hour show eh? Where's the camera at?
                    Camera shows the fact that AMD recommend both drivers So Pick and Choose really whatever you want.

Comment

Camera shows the fact that AMD recommend both drivers So Pick and Choose really whatever you want.
                      I gotta like it, cause you have fantastic wit.

Comment

Working...
                      X