Patches Published For Taking Nouveau Fermi Support Up To OpenGL 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches Published For Taking Nouveau Fermi Support Up To OpenGL 4.2

Phoronix: Patches Published For Taking Nouveau Fermi Support Up To OpenGL 4.2

Samuel Pitoiset's patches take the Nouveau NVC0 Gallium3D driver's support up to OpenGL 4.2 for GeForce 400/500 "Fermi" graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More importantly, GL_ARB_cull_distance has landed. Now for core 4.5 only more robustness and ES 3.1 compat is left.

Comment

Isn't the BIG missing ingredient for this driver GPU reclocking? Once thats in then they will perform as good as the amdgpu/radeon mesa stuff?

Comment

Since I'm not a gamer the only thing I miss in Nouveau is OOTB support for VDPAU.
        Currently you have to study a how-to and try to apply what it says to your distro and hope all goes well _and_ you don't break anything in the process, which is a no-go for me so I stick with the proprietary driver until VDPAU is supported OOTB.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Since I'm not a gamer the only thing I miss in Nouveau is OOTB support for VDPAU.
          Currently you have to study a how-to and try to apply what it says to your distro and hope all goes well _and_ you don't break anything in the process, which is a no-go for me so I stick with the proprietary driver until VDPAU is supported OOTB.
          Usually distros package it, gentoo does : http://gpo.zugaina.org/sys-firmware/nvidia-firmware
          But I agree that vdpau is a bit hit&miss on nouveau (especially when you try interacting with opengl)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            Isn't the BIG missing ingredient for this driver GPU reclocking? Once thats in then they will perform as good as the amdgpu/radeon mesa stuff?

right and it is working on. Thing is, memory reclocking is really hard to RE.

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Can't be done until someone REs the propritary firmware and writes a firmware from scratch for the video engines for all VP generations. Nobody is allowed to distribute the video firmwares except Nvidia.

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
            Usually distros package it, gentoo does : http://gpo.zugaina.org/sys-firmware/nvidia-firmware
            But I agree that vdpau is a bit hit&miss on nouveau (especially when you try interacting with opengl)
            no, nobody packages it. The only thing you can package is an automated script to extract the firmware from the nvidia drivers, but that's all which can be done

Comment

Working...
            X