Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Linux Developers Don't Sound Too Happy About The ChromeOS Driver Approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    so any benchmarks on whats more efficient yet?

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    i foretell the future where we will see article on phoronix that Kristian Høgsberg responded on wayland mailing list. there was so much mentioning he is absent that it would almost count as miracle if this wouldn't happen

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    Good for them. I guess? I don't remember anybody ever bringing up ChromeOS as an example of "the right way to do drivers" and there sure as hell isn't any ChromeOS specific extensions getting added to the Wayland spec so this discussion is pointless to the overall discussion. Are the NVidia guys just trying to find a bad guy worse than them in this situation so that when people look at their solution, all they see is "not as bad as..."?

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Man, this is almost enough to warrant another Ace Attorney case. Almost. (And I don't have the needed technical expertise for this particular discussion...)

Leave a comment:

• W.Irrkopf
    replied
    It's nice to see the matter of fact tone of the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• NVIDIA Linux Developers Don't Sound Too Happy About The ChromeOS Driver Approach

Phoronix: NVIDIA Linux Developers Don't Sound Too Happy About The ChromeOS Driver Approach

The discussion over NVIDIA's patches to Wayland has fired back up this week with NVIDIA and upstream Wayland developers seeing different views on the matter. In the latest email exchanges, a comparison to ChromeOS was brought up...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X