• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well saints row 2 shows me this:

so..

Comment

@karolherbst

Maybe a cache is created for all used shaders while playing.

Comment

nope, GL_ARB_buffer_storage is just a big broken for nouveau.

Comment

Hello.

A question :

I'm using nouveau 2.4.67 on a GTX 260 over Debian Testing 64 bit (Kernel 4.4).

I activate the pstate option on grub2.

As I could see, the pstate defaults to 07 at every system startup.

Doesn't suppouse to default to 03 either?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
            Hello.

A question :

I'm using nouveau 2.4.67 on a GTX 260 over Debian Testing 64 bit (Kernel 4.4).

I activate the pstate option on grub2.

As I could see, the pstate defaults to 07 at every system startup.

Doesn't suppouse to default to 03 either?
            No, it defaults to what the GPU sets, because touching it may break things.
            Last edited by karolherbst; 16 April 2016, 07:06 PM. Reason: the GT 260 is a tesla one... my mistake

Comment

Interesting... if Noveau can give hassle free optimus support, I am sure quite a few people would accept a not that huge performance impact. Looking forward to 2017

Comment

A question targeted at those which are closer to the nouveau development: is similar work being done for Fermi based cards? (I have a work notebook with a GF108GLM/5200M and nouveau cannot drive the card (fast enough?) so that two big external monitors can be used without artifacts - so I have to use the proprietary driver for now.)

Comment

Originally posted by OlafLostViking View Post
                  A question targeted at those which are closer to the nouveau development: is similar work being done for Fermi based cards? (I have a work notebook with a GF108GLM/5200M and nouveau cannot drive the card (fast enough?) so that two big external monitors can be used without artifacts - so I have to use the proprietary driver for now.)

Well in the end this boosting stuff is also interessting for many Fermi cards, but for Fermi Memory reclocking has to be implemented. In the end it just means, when Memory reclocking is done for Fermi, the entire Fermi reclocking situation will be pretty solid from the start.

Comment

Ummh.

If I undertand well, the bottom line tagged "AC" shown when you cat pstate file, shows the real clocks at what the card is now isnt it?

So if all goes well, that line should be equal to one of the others.

If that's so, then I concur that my card doesn't reclock correctly. It doesn't relax the memory speed in slow down transitions.

Only speed it up on speed up transitions..
                    Last edited by DebianLinuxero; 17 April 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                      If that's so, then I concur that my card doesn't reclock correctly. It doesn't relax the memory speed in slow down transitions.
                      What do you mean?

At least the Core clock doesn't need to be equal to any of the clocks above. It is only guaranteed that it is equal or lower to the currently set boost level and equal or lower to the pstate clock.

Comment

Working...
                      X