Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa / Nouveau Gets Support For ARB_indirect_parameters

Phoronix: Mesa / Nouveau Gets Support For ARB_indirect_parameters

Ilia Mirkin has landed some more notable feature code into Mesa this evening...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Always good to see progress, but Gallium is starting to fall a way behind Intel. It'd be nice to get some closure on the last bits of OpenGL 4.2, which would mean that a number of older GPUs are "feature complete".

Comment

From: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/104209.html
      Are there any known applications that use this feature?
      Supertuxkart will use it if you have a bunch of stuff which mesa doesn't have: https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-...etry.cpp#L1165 The condition for this getting triggered, from what I can tell, is "isAZDOEnabled", which only is enabled if you have bindless textures (and multi draw obviously).
      I'd be curious about the performance gain.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
        Always good to see progress, but Gallium is starting to fall a way behind Intel. It'd be nice to get some closure on the last bits of OpenGL 4.2, which would mean that a number of older GPUs are "feature complete".
        Well, he ist working on more "checklist stuff" as well: https://github.com/imirkin/mesa/tree/atomic3 has the enabling code for GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters (GL 4.2) and GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object (GL 4.3).

Comment

And we are also working on GL_ARB_compute_shader and GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store. OpenGL 4.2 for NVC0 is on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
            And we are also working on GL_ARB_compute_shader and GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store. OpenGL 4.2 for NVC0 is on the way!
            I would really like to have GL_ARB_compute_shader
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I'm working on it, and I did some good progress this week.

Comment

Good work. And happy hacking!

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
                  I'm working on it, and I did some good progress this week.
                  That's wonderful news!

Comment

Getting proper muli_draw_indirect can really lead to excellent performance improvements, draw call overhead is very costly as has been the big thing the last years (hence AZDO and Vulkan, among other things).

Comment

Working...
                    X