Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Patches Revised For Stabilizing Kepler Re-Clocking

Phoronix: Nouveau Patches Revised For Stabilizing Kepler Re-Clocking

Karol Herbst has sent out the latest version of his patches to further stabilize the re-clocking of GeForce 600/700 "Kepler" graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What convenient timing - right when I'm about to retire a computer with a Kepler GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      What convenient timing - right when I'm about to retire a computer with a Kepler GPU.

when you have issues with your kepler, come into IRC and we take care of that (hopefully). We already got a 780 Ti running with over 80 fps (max) in unigine heaven at full hd, ultra settings and 4x msaa

Comment

Michael and what about the vbios you promised me well you could also just try out those patches and check if your 780 Ti reclocks with it, if so, then I already know the issue. If not, then well, there would be a new one

Comment

karolherbst do you know why Unigine Heaven couldn't identify the card model? Something is not implemented yet to identify the card ?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            karolherbst do you know why Unigine Heaven couldn't identify the card model? Something is not implemented yet to identify the card ?
            I would guess so or it is just unigines fault, because they don't support this mesa extension yet.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
              Michael and what about the vbios you promised me well you could also just try out those patches and check if your 780 Ti reclocks with it, if so, then I already know the issue. If not, then well, there would be a new one
              Hadn't yet plugged that graphics card back into any system yet... What Git tree of yours do you have these patches in and will see about testing them on my assortment of Kepler GPUs.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Hadn't yet plugged that graphics card back into any system yet... What Git tree of yours do you have these patches in and will see about testing them on my assortment of Kepler GPUs.

my branches usually compile fine with 4.3, but I use a standalone nouveau module git tree (no kernel one, run make inside drm, install module, update initramfs, stuff, you know hopefully).

but you could also do something like that:
                git clone https://github.com/karolherbst/nouveau.git
                git format-patch origin/master

then go into linux/drivers/gpu and apply those patches with -p1 and recompile the kernel.

If its too much of an hazzle, you just have to wait for the patches being mainlined then

Comment

I have an Optimus system with a Kepler GPU. Last time I tried, I couldn't get it to work using nouveau. Is it worthwhile to try again? Is re-clocking stable when using PRIME? My other concern is DRI3, it seems to be the recommended way to use PRIME but Intel drivers don't do so well with it.

Comment

Intel drivers are just fine with DRI3 nowadays. You just have to enable it in xorg.conf.d
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X