No announcement yet.

NVIDIA + Nouveau: "Hopefully More Surprises To Come"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be nice for both nouveau and nvidia if they'll have a single kernel driver used by both projects.

Comment

Just like amdgpu.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

ok, that was really of harsh and wrong at the same time.

if user picks wrong distro for how he wants things to work, it is not distro that is retarded.... some of us like fedora exactly because it is what it is and take it with grain of salt for what it is knowing where benefits are. those strict policies that make some things harder are there for a reason
        Harsh? Yes. Wrong? A matter of opinion, I suppose. A large fraction of the complaints here are of the form "I picked a distro I don't know how to operate, and I'm going to blame your unrelated project for it". If you want to use $distro, be my guest -- I'm a big fan of people using whatever it is that makes them the most efficient. But don't come to me when you can't figure out how to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post

Harsh? Yes. Wrong? A matter of opinion, I suppose. A large fraction of the complaints here are of the form "I picked a distro I don't know how to operate, and I'm going to blame your unrelated project for it". If you want to use $distro, be my guest -- I'm a big fan of people using whatever it is that makes them the most efficient. But don't come to me when you can't figure out how to get it to work.
          yes, it is wrong. because you're just relaying same point you don't like to another project (distro) when it is clear case of PEBKAC and not understanding rules on which distro is built

as far as your sentiment about complaints being wrongly targeted, i couldn't agree more with it. it is not nouveau fault and neither is distro, but one has to guess that statements like that suck as much for distro builders as they do for you

if user would buy gun and shoot him self in the foot because he didn't RTFM. it is not fault of gun as well as it is not fault of shop that sold him. he'd probably do the same stupidity if he bought different gun in different shop. off course some shop might sell gun that would be equipped with some prevention of that kind of stupidity and if user chose that one in the first place, bullet>foot would never happen, which simply states users choice was poor for his mentality and expectations.
          Last edited by justmy2cents; 14 October 2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver

Sane user will spend money on what works best for them, not playing politics
            and what works with wayland lol?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              and what works with wayland lol?
              Ah yes, for all those fully functional wayland desktops we have right now

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                Ah yes, for all those fully functional wayland desktops we have right now
                fedora uses wayland login screen. fully functional, right now and for half year already

Comment

Working...
                X