Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces VDPAU 1.0 With HEVC/H.265 Decoding

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces VDPAU 1.0 With HEVC/H.265 Decoding

NVIDIA announced today the release of VDPAU version 1.0 with support for HEVC / H.265 video decoding...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good news for the future, as I don't think that either HEVC or H.265 are being used by many people for now. As for the present, does any card support 10-bit H.264?

Comment

Originally posted by a2r-l View Post
      Good news for the future, as I don't think that either HEVC or H.265 are being used by many people for now. As for the present, does any card support 10-bit H.264?
      vdpau supports 10bit surfaces just not decoding, however wiki lists 960 with feature set F capable of decoding HEVC Main 10.

Comment

Originally posted by a2r-l View Post
        HEVC is H.265 by the way ...

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
          HEVC is H.265 by the way ...
          , thanks for the correction. I thought it was a parallel implementation.

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Working...
            X