Intel's Open-Source Graphics Team Poaches A Top Nouveau Driver Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Open-Source Graphics Team Poaches A Top Nouveau Driver Developer

Phoronix: Intel's Open-Source Graphics Team Poaches A Top Nouveau Driver Developer

While writing yesterday's article about Keith Packard leaving Intel's open-source Linux graphics team after being a longtime member of the X community, I noticed that Intel has a rather interesting new hire... A prominent member of Nouveau, the community-based, open-source NVIDIA driver project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Starting from January, Intel GPUs are my main focus.
    As you may have seen, my time has been very limited since my previous blog article. Since my previous articles. I have mostly been busy writing my Ph …

Comment

It is time nvidia to do something!

Comment

Michael, what is the point of me taking the time to write a blog article if no-one reads it You could also have asked me directly too

Anyway, thanks to Dungeon, you have the link to the blog article which should have all the information in it

Comment

I know what to quote now you have comment on your blog

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            I know what to quote now you have comment on your blog
            Hey hey, I hope I answered it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
              Michael, what is the point of me taking the time to write a blog article if no-one reads it You could also have asked me directly too

Anyway, thanks to Dungeon, you have the link to the blog article which should have all the information in it
              I did read your blog article :P
              I thought that Intel FOSS drivers are performant enough. So what you will be actually doing there. Maybe some core Mesa work? Or may be some push to use Gallium3D

Comment

While reading the article I was thinking "Hmm, who's that person..." and it turns out it's MuPuF. Why didn't you just say so, Michael

Well, good job. Though who's going to answer all kinds of Nouveau questions now...

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                  I thought that Intel FOSS drivers are performant enough. So what you will be actually doing there. Maybe some core Mesa work? Or may be some push to use Gallium3D
                  Probably bug fixing. the Intel drivers on Linux generally work out of the box but with every new hardware release they often have problems that take several kernel releases to fix. Remember how semaphores were disabled by default for quite some time before Intel was comfortable with having them enabled as their default behavior.

As for Gallium on Intel, there's always LunarG. But i have not heard much about them for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    He will probably try to fit 5 kilos of potatoes in 1.33 kilos bag

Comment

Working...
                    X