Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brosis View Post
    bad forecast,
    rainy, 80% probability of "fuck you, nvidia" comments.
    In b4 "something something this is Canonical's fault"

Comment

gtx650 looks pretty good to me.

Comment

Again the same problem Mr. Michael: We can't tell by those benchmarks if all Kepler384sp variations like 740m have the same good efficiency.

Comment

All I see here is more validation of the Nouveau team's good work and proof that when reclock is fully turned on the Nvidia cards will offer excellent speeds with OpenGL 4 support. Just need to have patience that the reverse engineering is occurring and is slowly progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
            In b4 "something something this is Canonical's fault"
            Inb4 "Canonical shouldn't have switched to sucky SySt3m_D."

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              Again the same problem Mr. Michael: We can't tell by those benchmarks if all Kepler384sp variations like 740m have the same good efficiency.
              ??? I'm just benchmarking with the interesting hardware I have my hands on.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Requesting the grouping of boxplots again. Would be much more readable if the boxplots were also grouped by card and colored, like the scores.
                It's on my TODO list. It shouldn't be many lines of code to have pts_Graph multi-way comparison graph feature supported by pts_HorizontalBoxPlotGraph and I think I had already committed some code, albeit right now too busy doing enterprise Phoromatic work that I haven't been able to toy around with that code lately.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The Geforce 6000 series made a lot of heat on Nouveau in the past

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                  Exactly this minute I'm reading this benchmark, I'm building an old P4 system with Geforce 6200 by pure coincidence
                  Xubuntu 14.10 with Nouveau seems to run great on it so far.
                  Nouveau has worked on those cards for years, but gets overloaded really fast if a compositing desktop is used. Compiz/GNOME2 or modern Compiz/Mate will work
                  with the 6600LE that I have tested, but even though that card does not have any kind of reclocking it will run hot when using compositing. Gnome shell/Unity, Cinnamon
                  will run slow and require a fast fan on a fully finned heatsink.

The proprietary driver had a lot of headroom when running only Compiz or gnome-shell on the 6600LE and didn't have nearly the tendency to heat uyp. On later cards
                  this heat issue does not exist as they not only support reclocking but Nouveau seems to be much more efficient on the 8000 series and later architectures. I have tested
                  the 6600LE, the GTS450, and the GT520. All can run any DE I have in Nouveau, though the 6600LE will be laggy and hot on GNOME3 or Cinnamon. The newer ones
                  stay quite cool, as one would expect at limited clocks.

Comment

Working...
                  X