Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nouveau Turns Into A Mess In Latest Linux 3.17 + Mesa 10.3-dev Tests

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nouveau Turns Into A Mess In Latest Linux 3.17 + Mesa 10.3-dev Tests

    Phoronix: Nouveau Turns Into A Mess In Latest Linux 3.17 + Mesa 10.3-dev Tests

    This week I've been running a large open-source graphics card comparison using Mesa 10.3-devel and Linux 3.17 from Git. While the intentions were nice with featuring Intel/NVIDIA/AMD graphics, running several benchmarks of Steam / Source Engine games on Linux, and also measuring the power efficiency and thermal performance, the testing was cut short when it came to the Nouveau driver testing...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3MzI

  • #2
    Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.

    Comment


    • #3
      nouveau driver and 3.17

      currently using Fedora Rawhide, which means kernel 3.17 and mesa 10.4, and i did not have such problems. gnome 3.13.90 runs smoother than ever and nouveau quite decent when it comes to 3d stuff as well.

      my only "issue" with the driver at its current state, is the lack of reclocking for core and memory, as i am stuck on the "medium" setting, instead of being able to switch to "high" when needed

      just for the record, i have a nehalem i7 920 and a GTX295

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by imirkin View Post
        Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.
        since now, only reported issue is with patch "gallium/nv50/nvc0: use API settings / rasterization rules". These issues is only some wrong colors in OGL mode https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/issues/4 .

        Comment


        • #5
          Btw Smekras, have you been able to test DRI3 Buffer Offloading on your dual-gpu card? Does it work?

          Comment


          • #6
            Not sure if its the same problem, but I have had a similar corruption problem on KDE with oibaf's 10.4~git1408251930.83503f+gallium-nine~gd~t mesa version. I have just upgraded to 10.4~git1408260730.018875+gallium-nine~gd~t and the problem is gone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Lol, can't wait to see mesa bug tracker being spammed by gallium-nine users. It's not like they had enough to do anyway.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by imirkin
                Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.
                Originally posted by log0 View Post
                Lol, can't wait to see mesa bug tracker being spammed by gallium-nine users. It's not like they had enough to do anyway.
                I doubt Gallium Nine would cause any kind of issues with the driver itself. I was under the assumption that software is programmed in a modular fashion, with Gallium being rather modular itself. Therefore, Gallium Nine code would only get called when Gallium Nine is actually being used by software -- aka a Gallium Nine-patched wine.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by werfu View Post
                  Btw Smekras, have you been able to test DRI3 Buffer Offloading on your dual-gpu card? Does it work?
                  can't say that i have... or that i know how to, really. would appreciate pointers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                    I doubt Gallium Nine would cause any kind of issues with the driver itself. I was under the assumption that software is programmed in a modular fashion, with Gallium being rather modular itself. Therefore, Gallium Nine code would only get called when Gallium Nine is actually being used by software -- aka a Gallium Nine-patched wine.
                    All Radeons patches are in Mesa, but we have some patches touching Nouveau. At this moment I dropped some controversial patches, so "if" (I had only reported some vertical inverted screen for some games and wrong colors for one) is it caused by this, after next release of oibaf Mesa it should be gone

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X