Nouveau Works On Maxwell Fan Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
    Most newer gaming laptops has a separate fan for CPU and GPU. My MSI GS70 is an example of that, though it doesn't seem that I'm able to adjust fan speed through the nVidia drivers - so it may be controlled from elsewhere, or manual fan control could simply be disabled, to avoid any thermally related damage to the GPU.
    ... Well, if there is a fan connected to the GPU, then it should work out of the box. If it doesn't, please report a bug to us with your vbios and a mmiotrace

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      ... Well, if there is a fan connected to the GPU, then it should work out of the box. If it doesn't, please report a bug to us with your vbios and a mmiotrace
      I've yet to try out Linux on this laptop (still using the !#/%&/& Win 8.1 that was preinstalled :'( ), I was merely informing that there is quite a few laptops with a separate fan dedicated to the GPU. Once I have the time to mess around with OS's, I might drop a line to tell if it's working.

Comment

M?P?F: do you know of any graphical or command-line power management and overclocking tools for use with Nouveau? i.e. something similar to the software that's currently available for use with Radeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
          M?P?F: do you know of any graphical or command-line power management and overclocking tools for use with Nouveau? i.e. something similar to the software that's currently available for use with Radeon.
          There are no graphical or command-line applications for power management on Nouveau. You need to read the doc and write values to the sysfs/hwmon files (pstate for reclocking, read this for hwmon).

Comment

Working...
          X