Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veerappan
    replied
    Very nice improvements to many benchmarks. The 740SC doesn't look like it's GPU bottlenecked based on the performance scaling (or the clocks aren't scaling properly as reported), but the other cards definitely improve.

Congratulations to those who are working on the Nouveau kernel drivers, you've earned it.

Leave a comment:

• gufide
    replied
    Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    You Sir just made my day

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    lol - nailed it

They're fools. You should eat them.

let's see when nouveau with re-clocking is at least roughly usable for a wider audience (without graphical corruptions, hardlocks, ...)

great work devs !
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 20 June 2014, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tizbac
    replied
    Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
    This patch should fix the problem!
    On my GTX 670 it doesn't work , sometimes i see the temperature on sensors , but most of the times it just show N/A and fan is always at 100%

Leave a comment:

• Ancurio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DMJC
    replied
    Sooo

Basically confirming what I've been saying. This time next year, nouveau is going to be a high performance 3d driver.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by remm View Post
    Those which work don't have a boost mode for the gpu, so I suppose it is the cause of the issue with 0f. Too bad 0a has bad memory bandwidth, while the gpu boost itself is rather useless.
    Boost isn't what you think it is (ie. not what nvidia marketed).

But yes, the proprietary driver can squeeze a little more perf and a little less power consumption using this technique.

Leave a comment:

• ihatemichael
    replied
    Impressive.

Leave a comment:

• remm
    replied
    Those which work don't have a boost mode for the gpu, so I suppose it is the cause of the issue with 0f. Too bad 0a has bad memory bandwidth, while the gpu boost itself is rather useless.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Once toying with the performance states, the graphics cards immediately jump to 100% fan speed and can be extremely noisy for the higher-end graphics cards.
    This patch should fix the problem!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X