X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    lol - nailed it

They're fools. You should eat them.

let's see when nouveau with re-clocking is at least roughly usable for a wider audience (without graphical corruptions, hardlocks, ...)

great work devs !
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 20 June 2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      You Sir just made my day

Comment

Very nice improvements to many benchmarks. The 740SC doesn't look like it's GPU bottlenecked based on the performance scaling (or the clocks aren't scaling properly as reported), but the other cards definitely improve.

Congratulations to those who are working on the Nouveau kernel drivers, you've earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
          Basically confirming what I've been saying. This time next year, nouveau is going to be a high performance 3d driver.
          Not unless nvidia starts supplying info. Just look at how many years it took to solve it for these very few cards. How about others and new cards that will come out later? All have to be reverse-engineered which will probably be a slower process than nvidia releasing new cards.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Not unless nvidia starts supplying info. Just look at how many years it took to solve it for these very few cards. How about others and new cards that will come out later? All have to be reverse-engineered which will probably be a slower process than nvidia releasing new cards.
            No work happened on reclocking for quite some time. Devs are getting back at it though.

On my side, I am not done with thermal management and perf monitoring.

Comment

Glad to see nouveau improving!

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Glad to see nouveau improving!
                Yeah! Maybe one day bumblebee will no longer be needed. The switching support in the official driver is not doing quite well, and it does not support wayland at the moment.

Comment

Just in time for all the older Nvidia graphics to go legacy and thus no longer supported. It'll be a while before Nouveau catches up to Nvidia's drivers, but it'll be worth it.

Comment

If everything in the following page's chart is checked off as "Done" then would dynamic power management be finished or would enabling dynamic power management be a separate task for after it's done?

Comment

I understood that reference.

Comment

Working...
                      X