Nouveau 3.14 Gets New Acceleration, Still Lacking PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    Commit here and here in the userspace driver.
    Actually, no. Those aren't the commits to the userspace driver, that's just a standalone nouveau repo [which can be used in userspace, but I wouldn't call it a userspace driver]. However information for these commits _was_ taken from the pre-KMS nouveau, which supported all of these hw overlays for xvideo. This support was lost in the KMS transition, and I reinstated it. (No clean commit links, but go diving into the history of nv10_xv_ovl.c and nv04_xv_ovl.c in xf86-video-nouveau if you're interested.)

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    Please, the fact that it's nv10 and nv04 does not always imply it's for Riva TNT and TNT2. This could go all the way up to but not including nv50. Don't know about this case though.
    The overlay support goes up through and including nv40. Apparently nv41+ also have some sort of overlay, but it has not been RE'd.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post
      Actually, no. Those aren't the commits to the userspace driver, that's just a standalone nouveau repo [which can be used in userspace, but I wouldn't call it a userspace driver]. However information for these commits _was_ taken from the pre-KMS nouveau, which supported all of these hw overlays for xvideo. This support was lost in the KMS transition, and I reinstated it. (No clean commit links, but go diving into the history of nv10_xv_ovl.c and nv04_xv_ovl.c in xf86-video-nouveau if you're interested.)
      I was in the assumption that was the userspace driver. Since it's patches won't apply to the upstream kernel driver without changing it's paths. Furthermore, I heard darktama mentioning a userspace driver on IRC quite a while ago. (just before or after the huge drm rewrite)

Originally posted by imirkin View Post
      The overlay support goes up through and including nv40. Apparently nv41+ also have some sort of overlay, but it has not been RE'd.
      Good thing those cards have so much in common. Too bad it's not mentioned in the article. My nv34 will benefit from this.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X