Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a hard time believing you're running Mir

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    i can now tell you now Mir will Not work on Nouveau or proprietary drivers or AMD opensource Driver's i'm posting this From Ubuntu 13.10 and i can tell you Mir Sucks looks like it only works on Intel Driver's

I'm running Mir right now and it runs fine.

Comment

i tryed for hour's and hour's trying to get this Vaporware "Mir" to Work on Ubuntu 13.10 and, found out it is it is missing code, missing lib's, just missing, i really did want to Demo it, and Ubuntu users are getting Forced to use it on Nouveau Driver's, the funny part is i can Demo Wayland Just Fine and, i can even use it on AMD or Nvidia Card's, i just dont like the patch's for Xwayland i see why they was rejected but Mir is Using them...
      If you are using the AMD/NVIDIA blobs Ubuntu 13.10 will recognize that it has to fall back to pure X11. That's the plan. So unless you install nouveau for your nvidia card you won't be using X on XMir. The only persons who are forced to beta test the XMir hack are the Intel users. They don't have drivers that aren't compatible with Mir so it will always use it even when just regular X11 would be less buggy and faster.

From the last video I saw (Mir Dev Hangout) they said they expect AMD/NVIDIA to have compatible drivers by the time 14.04 ships where they want to have at least the Unity Shell native on Mir. Everything else will still run on XMir. I think that's still a bit unrealistic. AMD can't even keep up with X.Org and now they want them to implement changes to support their graphic stack that isn't even upstreamed.
      Last edited by blackout23; 13 July 2013, 04:58 AM.

Comment

you need to stop telling joke's about AMD you may get some one's hope's up
        AMD open source support is downright good.

Comment

2.6x

It looks like the nVidia driver clocks the cores/memory at about 2.6x what Nouveau does. According to these benchmarks, that puts Nouveau at more than 80% of nVidia's performance per clock already

Once that reclocking hits, I bet we're going to run into some scalability problems right away. But if we don't, or after they're fixed, we're looking at a suitable replacement for the nVidia driver for a *lot* of things and not just compiz.

Comment

Originally posted by caryhartline View Post
            I'm running Mir right now and it runs fine.
            you running on intel ?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              If you are using the AMD/NVIDIA blobs Ubuntu 13.10 will recognize that it has to fall back to pure X11. That's the plan. So unless you install nouveau for your nvidia card you won't be using X on XMir. The only persons who are forced to beta test the XMir hack are the Intel users. They don't have drivers that aren't compatible with Mir so it will always use it even when just regular X11 would be less buggy and faster.

From the last video I saw (Mir Dev Hangout) they said they expect AMD/NVIDIA to have compatible drivers by the time 14.04 ships where they want to have at least the Unity Shell native on Mir. Everything else will still run on XMir. I think that's still a bit unrealistic. AMD can't even keep up with X.Org and now they want them to implement changes to support their graphic stack that isn't even upstreamed.
              the only way i see to get Mir to Work on Nvidia or Amd OpenSource Drivers is to do the coding for them they dont pay me, they have paid developer's working on this Mir thing and it's all in house and saying it's going to be ready by Ubuntu 3.10? is a joke if it run's at all outside intel Driver's

Comment

Working...
              X