NVIDIA vs. Nouveau Drivers On Ubuntu 13.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
    Michael did benchmarks for Nouveau vs Nvidia on clocks limited to defaults for Nouveau. And perf was quite good. Bribe Michael by sending some more hw. :P Than he will look into it for your APU's.

And I wonder how that can be hard. You just run 3rd run with clocks limited to specific values... (Only hard coded value being name of driver from which gets speeds for other drivers..)
    Good point, it was late in the day and I didn't think of slowing down the GPU running the proprietary drivers
    Test signature

Comment

older benchmark...

Somebody could explain why early benchmark leaded to so different results?

NVIDIA vs. Nouveau Drivers On Ubuntu 13.04 on April 11, 2013

Nouveau Re-Clocking, NVIDIA vs. Nouveau Drivers on October 08, 2012

Apart from the different ubuntu version, the system is the same.
      Even the same card with the very same nvidia blob version performs so different.

Comment

Actually I thought these results looked pretty good. Nouveau was only a factor of 2 to 4 behind the proprietary blob. Seems like not that long ago the factor was more like 10, across the board.

I have to agree that there would be some very good information available by under-clocking the proprietary drivers to match the OSS ones. That would help unlayer the performance gap between clock control and "other features".

Comment

Working...
        X