X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI output confirmed by David Airlie

@bridgman
    Thanks and you are right :-)

In the meantime I watched the last minutes of David Airlie's talk (http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.con...new_tricks.mp4)

At 37:10, a guy asks the 1 million dollar question:
    guy: "With your latest work, does it mean that as long as I don't care about the fact that the Nvidia GPU doesn't ever turn off, you can actually display stuff through the hardwired HDMI port now?"
    David Airlie: "Yeah, it would [... ??? ...] with all the updates installed it should work."
    guy: "THANK you very much!"

Now, I hope Ubuntu 13.04 will bring all the good stuff to me. Or is this unrealistic for any reasons?

Comment

HDMI output confirmed by David Airlie

@bridgman
      Thanks and you are right :-)

In the meantime I watched the last minutes of David Airlie's talk (see Phoronix article "David Airlie Talks About RandR 1.4, Reverse PRIME")

At 37:10, a guy asks the 1 million dollar question:
      guy: "With your latest work, does it mean that as long as I don't care about the fact that the Nvidia GPU doesn't ever turn off, you can actually display stuff through the hardwired HDMI port now?"
      David Airlie: "Yeah, it would [... ??? ...] with all the updates installed it should work."
      guy: "THANK you very much!"

Now, I hope Ubuntu 13.04 will bring all the good stuff to me. Or is this unrealistic for any reasons?

Comment

Working...
      X