Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well.
    It is not fast. Compared to the blob.
    But the fps seems clearly playable so it's already quite usable for that purpose. I wonder if I'll fire up my ancient Geforce 2 one day again.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

This level of performance is enough to use a compositing window manager with fancy effects. Before, this was not possible with Kepler unless you used the proprietary driver. I think it is a great step forward and I'm sure performance will improve as they continue working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        Just admit it already: the open source people can't write graphics drivers to save their lives. They cannot write fast optimized code. They suck at it. There is no excuse for such a performance hit. They need to learn programming first before starting to write drivers. The radeon guys have the documentation and yet they still don't get anywhere the official blobs' performance. Shitty programmers, that is all.
        Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Comment

Stop defending incompetence. If Microsoft would have done something similar you would have said they are complete idiots but for linux you find all sorts of excuses. Just admit it already: the open source people can't write graphics drivers to save their lives. They cannot write fast optimized code. They suck at it. There is no excuse for such a performance hit. They need to learn programming first before starting to write drivers. The radeon guys have the documentation and yet they still don't get anywhere the official blobs' performance. Shitty programmers, that is all.
          Exactly! That's why you'll never find Linux in HPC... oh wait.

Comment

Awww, kids, don't feed the troll.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Stop defending incompetence. If Microsoft would have done something similar you would have said they are complete idiots but for linux you find all sorts of excuses. Just admit it already: the open source people can't write graphics drivers to save their lives. They cannot write fast optimized code. They suck at it. There is no excuse for such a performance hit. They need to learn programming first before starting to write drivers. The radeon guys have the documentation and yet they still don't get anywhere the official blobs' performance. Shitty programmers, that is all.
              Donate your hardware to nouveau. Do first and second* good thing in your life!

@On topic:
              Thanks for removing reclocking support, nvidia
              Another 25% performance for radeon and you are gone off linux market.
              Last edited by crazycheese; 08 January 2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Something tells me that those who use linux in HPC also have a team of programmers who modify the kernel in order to be used in those circumstances. What are you trying to say? That everything is OK and that the graphics drivers are good? Stop hallucinating. The drivers are shit and useless. Stop applauding this total failure in linux. And stop finding excuses for them. If they did their work properly we would have the official blobs running correctly without the companies needing to change and adapt drivers every month with every new X.org release.
                What a spoiled brat...

Comment

hello... is this benchmark done using the bumblebee project.. as nvdia GT 600 series drivers arent used natively on linux?

Thanks.

Comment

Something tells me that those who use linux in HPC also have a team of programmers who modify the kernel in order to be used in those circumstances. What are you trying to say? That everything is OK and that the graphics drivers are good? Stop hallucinating. The drivers are shit and useless. Stop applauding this total failure in linux. And stop finding excuses for them. If they did their work properly we would have the official blobs running correctly without the companies needing to change and adapt drivers every month with every new X.org release.
                    Yeah, I modify my kernel every time I want to play flash games. Linux is not f*cking windows with security holes unfixed for years and there are many reasons to not have a stable abi. Man, you have no clue. Go home.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                      People like you should be given the lethal injection, you are a scum of the earth. Go fuck yourself already. Loser.
                      Right back at you.

Comment

Working...
                      X