Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau NVIDIA Driver Can Be Faster With Linux 3.8

Phoronix: Nouveau NVIDIA Driver Can Be Faster With Linux 3.8

Published already on Phoronix have been benchmarks of the in-development Linux 3.8 kernel when it comes to measuring the DRM graphics driver performance improvements for AMD Radeon hardware. In this article is a look at the Nouveau driver performance, the reverse-engineered open-source NVIDIA graphics driver. There's a fair amount of changes to look forward to in the next Linux kernel release for Nouveau and it's yielding some performance improvements.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice benchmarks and how would the improved Nouveau help cards in the GF7 and 8 classes? As I have a GeForce 7900GS that still works perfectly but support was dropped by the binary driver with the 306.xx series I'm interested in seeing how the improved reclocking could help this card so that I can then drop the binary driver altogether until I can upgrade my card to a newer one. As the 9800GTX had better reclocking within nouveau I might just buy one of those

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
      Nice benchmarks and how would the improved Nouveau help cards in the GF7 and 8 classes? As I have a GeForce 7900GS that still works perfectly but support was dropped by the binary driver with the 306.xx series I'm interested in seeing how the improved reclocking could help this card so that I can then drop the binary driver altogether until I can upgrade my card to a newer one. As the 9800GTX had better reclocking within nouveau I might just buy one of those
      On the contrary, I hope to see if not more recent hardware (as it remains broken due to reclocking issues), at least more "high-end" GTX200 series, like the GTX260. I don't have one, but it has been well sold, and is more relevant faced to the 9800GTX.

Comment

Working...
      X