Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Holding Up The Free NVIDIA Tegra Driver

Phoronix: What's Holding Up The Free NVIDIA Tegra Driver

While NVIDIA has published open-source 2D driver code for their Tegra SoCs, there's DRM library code, and NVIDIA is working with a German company on an open-source driver, there's a small little hold-up in development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh please, no.

The naming thing is really a minor annoyance. It's not holding up any development, as I haven't even started working on any userspace parts. There's still tons of work to do in the kernel, which is a lot more pressing than any userspace parts could be at the moment.

Also we have a lot of technical discussions with the NVidia guys, so we get a sane acceleration infrastructure in the end. I know this is a lot more boring for users to follow, but it's the point where things are happening at the moment with TegraDRM.

There isn't any discussion about what to do next, simply because there are so much things to fix/implement that everybody is just hacking away. If you want to see part of what's happening at the moment, go and look at my G+ Updates. But most of that stuff won't be super exciting right now, it's just slowly getting more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynxeye View Post
      If you want to see part of what's happening at the moment, go and look at my G+ Updates
      Are you working for Google or why are you promoting a platform nobody uses instead of simply blogging?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Are you working for Google or why are you promoting a platform nobody uses instead of simply blogging?
        Are you working against Google or where is the difference for you which platform he uses?

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
          Are you working against Google or where is the difference for you which platform he uses?
          What's with that stupid question? To subscribe to G+ posts you have to be a G+ member and not everyone wants to register everywhere, especially on sites nobody else uses.
          Normal blogging (incl. Google?s Blogger) requires no registration at all to follow. Simply an RSS client.

Comment

What's with that stupid question?
            Exactly my thought when reading your post.
            If you have a valid concerne (which you have), you could have asked niclely, if he could use a service like http://gplusrss.com/ to provide an RSS feed for people without an G+ account.

Comment

...especially on sites nobody else uses..
              Google+ is very actively used by the open source software community including people like Linus Torvalds, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Lennart Poettering, Kay Sievers, Auke Kok, Koen Kooi, Arjan van de Ven and numerous others.

Comment

I have a google+ account and some of the nobodies I follow are Linus Torvalds, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Lennart Poettering, Kai Sievers, Alan Cox, Sebastian Thrun, Dave Airlie, Eric Raymond, ...

Comment

I didn't ask who random Phoronix readers follow, I asked Lynxeye why he promotes G+.

Comment

Actually you asserted that google+ is "a platform nobody uses".

Comment

Working...
                    X