Bickering Continues About NVIDIA Using DMA-BUF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GT220 View Post
    Like I said, your trollfu is the weakest, but keep trying, maybe when you realize you have no facts backing you up, you'd stop embarassing yourself.
    you need to recover fast, i will forgot this one but at this rate you will reach qadarium level in no time and pass from amusing to sad. so take your time and get your trolling together.

piece of advise when posting troll link as proof check it is still true for the current trolling, is just sad when you don't

as a side note mesa drivers and blob drivers run perfectly fine with force_layers=true these days, so i think are blacklisted due to rare corner cases most likely.

btw, trolling about mesa not having gl 4 is sad dude if you want real inflammatory trolling get cuda or opencl at least since those are actually useful, really gl 4 is just a sign of desperation

Comment

Imagination/PowerVR doesn't even give you anything, zero support, zero drivers and zero anything, but you guys don't go and be the good attack dogs like you all are and attack that company instead.

On Android, PowerVR GPUs are heavily used in many SoCs. So guess what? If your Android smartphone/tablet has a PowerVR GPU in it, time to destroy your phone since it's trampling on your rights.

Notice the hypocrisy yet? Of course not, you good attack dogs are so blinded by your hypocrisy, you can't even see it right in front of you.

ruff! now fuck off back to [H] with the rest of the 'consumers'

Comment

• Dear asdx,

I wrote pretty much the same thing, and then you accused me of loving blobs, and said that you don't read my posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdx
          Ok sorry.

I get confused here, too many trolls.

I retract from the things I've said about you, sorry.
          easy boys ... its alright i think he's gone now

Comment

• Face it, you know what I said is true, you GPL Nazis are killing Linux. Give yourselves a huge applause.

You should also stop using your LCD monitors you know, the on screen display(OSD) runs proprietary software, it's clearly not respecting your rights. Ditto with LCD TVs, microwave ovens etc.

Your motherboards runs proprietary BIOS/UEFI too, please don't use them, they don't respect your rights either.

Don't even think about going to hospitals either, all the medical equipment there runs proprietary software and don't respect your rights.

It's pretty amazing how much hypocrisy there is in the GPL Nazis here, they use proprietary software every day without throwing a huge fuss about it and yet act like they're privileged for anything.

Comment

• All of the stuff you mentioned is unfortunate, but legal.

Nvidia using DMA_BUF is flat-out illegal.

It's all about respecting software licences.
              Last edited by pingufunkybeat; 18 October 2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Face it, you know what I said is true, you GPL Nazis are killing Linux. Give yourselves a huge applause.

You should also stop using your LCD monitors you know, the on screen display(OSD) runs proprietary software, it's clearly not respecting your rights. Ditto with LCD TVs, microwave ovens etc.

Your motherboards runs proprietary BIOS/UEFI too, please don't use them, they don't respect your rights either.

Don't even think about going to hospitals either, all the medical equipment there runs proprietary software and don't respect your rights.

It's pretty amazing how much hypocrisy there is in the GPL Nazis here, they use proprietary software every day without throwing a huge fuss about it and yet act like they're privileged for anything.
                who's a nazi? as a jew i find that incredibly offensive and i shall be complaining to the appropriate authorities!

Comment

Like I said, your trollfu is the weakest, but keep trying, maybe when you realize you have no facts backing you up, you'd stop embarassing yourself.
                  About:support, Fx 14
                  Description: NVIDIA Corporation -- GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2
                  Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
                  GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2
                  3.3.0 NVIDIA 302.17
                  WebGL
                  NVIDIA Corporation -- GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 -- 3.3.0 NVIDIA 302.17
                  Accelerated Windows: 1/1 OpenGL

This is GTX 260 sp 216 with 1.7 GiB GDDR3

I have manually overriden acceleration.

By default, Nvidia proprietary driver is NOT accelerated under Firefox due to instability with some cards.

A Pentium 4 era machine with IGP I posses, scrolls in Firefox just as fluid using intel opensource drivers, as proprietary nvidia driver. There are however problems when playing fullhd video, due to Firefox not having basic pixel acceleration support and blitting in software. Same HD video, for example, in any player that outputs to Xv, runs flawless on P4. And OpenGL up to 3.3 in software(up to 2.0 in hardware, full support)...

Originally posted by GT220 View Post
                  Face it, you know what I said is true, you GPL Nazis are killing Linux.
                  “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”
                  Benito Mussolini

You fail at failing.
                  Last edited by crazycheese; 18 October 2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    I'd imagine that would be the license text. If the Windows license states that anything linking to its code is considered a derivative work, then it is.
                    Well, license agreements can only govern whatever copyright applies to, as license agreements are terms of the contract between the copyright holder and the licensee. The question is whether the Nvidia blob would use DMA-BUF as an API or whether it would derive from it.

Comment

how much hypocrisy there is in the GPL Nazis here
                      The GPL is a proper license before the law. If you don't follow the law the copyright holders can sue you. Does that mean anything to you?

It's funny how in those instances there are always so many people who are suddenly the experts on the GPL.

Guys, if highly experienced people who create GPL code (almost) every day say nvidia can't use dma-buf the way they wanted, then there is a good chance that's actually correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X