X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by kusma View Post
    I cannot talk for the rest of the open source community, but as the only one who seem to be openly working on the 3D-parts of the Tegra so far, I'd like to state the following:

I am not currently planning on writing an open source 3D driver for the Tegra. While I do hope that an open source 3D driver is where my work eventually leads, right now I'm not comfortable making any promises other than this: I'll continue reverse engineering the interface to the Tegra GPU for as long as I find it fun.
    If you aren't quite able or skilled enough to write a complete 3d driver there may be others out there who could help you out on that

Leave a comment:

• kusma
    replied
    Originally posted by oliver View Post
    Obviously I was hinting to fully open graphics support, e.g. 2D, 3D and vpdau on the tegra.
    I cannot talk for the rest of the open source community, but as the only one who seem to be openly working on the 3D-parts of the Tegra so far, I'd like to state the following:

I am not currently planning on writing an open source 3D driver for the Tegra. While I do hope that an open source 3D driver is where my work eventually leads, right now I'm not comfortable making any promises other than this: I'll continue reverse engineering the interface to the Tegra GPU for as long as I find it fun.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    It's getting chilly in hell

I wish we could have hardware documentation for the GeForce series too.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    I have a tegra2 powered tablet. Tegra2 sucks. It cannot even fluently playback 720p H.264 video! Any sub ?100 Chinese brand tablet can do that. But not tegra2 powered tablet, Nvidia fucked up big time with tegra2.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Obviously I was hinting to fully open graphics support, e.g. 2D, 3D and vpdau on the tegra.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    ^ Several older SoCs with 2d-only blocks have open drivers.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Gotta see it before I believe it.

That said, it would make nVidia the first SoC to actually have opensource drivers. Very very impressive indeed. If it turns out to be true, I wonder why this strategy doesn't work for the desktop cards.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic NVIDIA Tegra With Open-Source Graphics Is Coming

NVIDIA Tegra With Open-Source Graphics Is Coming

Phoronix: NVIDIA Tegra With Open-Source Graphics Is Coming

In continuation of NVIDIA Tegra With Open-Source Graphics Is Coming, here is the video that covers all of what's currently going on in the open-source Tegra world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X