Nouveau Work On The Fermi Scripting Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calim View Post
    I'm playing Diablo 3 with wine+nouveau right now, at fluid ~30 fps @1680x1050 +AA ... if I could raise the clocks on my GPU I could even play with high quality effects & shadows. I don't notice that much visual difference to playing on Windows though.
    Anyway, it works good enough that I'm just over the threshold to not rebooting :-).
    Nice. How did you get the 32 bit mesa/nouveau stuff installed? By hand, or distro (which) multiarch?
    The other day I switched one of my laptops to nouveau and wine 3D is the only thing that didn't work out of the box. For the nv50 that's in there even manual power level switching works (seems to crash ~1 out of 10 times though).

Comment

Originally posted by diriel View Post
      So maybe I need to get another cup of Coffee and simmer down.
      yeah, you do. i haven't seen any actual graphics developer post anything like what you've said, and i'm very sure you're underestimating the amount of effort required to get things functioning at all on modern graphics cards.

also, coffee isn't that great for simmering down; tends to put you on more of a hype. perhaps some water or apple juice.

Comment

Coffee Vs. Chamomile

@daniels

Ok, I went some Chamomile Tea with a dollup of honey. I appologize for the off color remark. I do realise there is a ton of effort going on. One can only hope soonish things will get to a "good state". Lack of 3D does not overly impact my getting Work Done for the most part. I have been wanting to get into some Blender at some point, but not right at the moment. I have only scratched the surface of Blender briefly. So, I will wait and see what is what about mid-year 2013.

Have a good one,
        Gary

Comment

Working...
        X