Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    @kwm1800

So basically you're saying everything Valve makes is Duke Nukem Forever? Great, so Steam for Linux will be out about the time my unborn children graduate...

Positive words didn't work for 4 years... Yeah it sucks he's across an ocean so I can't just wheatpaste* all the problems with his site to his car windows

I swear all the time and I'm usually bleeding yet feel no pain, whats that mean? Serious about that one, I don't even notice till theres a trail of blood, I've even had broken bones in my arm and foot and felt nothing, split a molar a while back, didn't hurt either. Super power = zombie like immunity to pain?

*causes no permanent damage, it's used to put up fliers and billboards on well, any surface, if on the car windows, he's not going anywhere till he chips it off with an ice scraper.

WOW WTF with these delayed posts? I thought they were failed to be posted. Can't even edit them to write "duplicated post". Such crappy forum system this site has...

So yeah, indeed like Duke Nukem Forever since, as I said, TF2 indeed took nearly 9 years. Good thing is unlike DNF, most of the time, we do get what we deserve from Valve tho.

More short and precise description, Valve is like.... group of hobbyists. They do things because they like it. When they don't like it, they don't do it. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm1800 View Post
      WOW WTF with these delayed posts? I thought they were failed to be posted. Can't even edit them to write "duplicated post". Such crappy forum system this site has...
      I think new posters who post links have to have their posts approved before they appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
        I think new posters who post links have to have their posts approved before they appear.
        Links and/or images (I think), yes. Happened on my first post, took a few days for it to get approved. Can only assume there's a lot of spam posts like that. It also tells you in a message after you register.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vax456 View Post
          I'm not entirely sure why this is a problem. Isn't it clear to the user that they have to download the games and need a constant internet connection? What else can people say or how can they help?
          It's a problem if your geographical location restricts your Internet because the infrastructure isn't there, which is the case for a lot of locations. I hope you're not suggesting to relocate your family and place of employment just so you can download a game. Like I said... I'm not flaming Steam. I do see it's good points too

For Windows users who argue that they can't play games on Linux, then a native Steam client would help migration, as long as the inference is for Valve and other developers to release Linux clients of there games as well. Steam on Linux would be inadequate if you could only buy Windows games.

Comment

• Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
            It's a problem if your geographical location restricts your Internet because the infrastructure isn't there, which is the case for a lot of locations. I hope you're not suggesting to relocate your family and place of employment just so you can download a game. Like I said... I'm not flaming Steam. I do see it's good points too

For Windows users who argue that they can't play games on Linux, then a native Steam client would help migration, as long as the inference is for Valve and other developers to release Linux clients of there games as well. Steam on Linux would be inadequate if you could only buy Windows games.
            I'm considering relocating to KC for the Google 100mbit fiber. Does this make me a bad person?

I'm not all that far away now though

Comment

• another rivet in microsofts coffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
                Mmm, no, I'm not suggesting to relocate because you can't play a game. I'm suggesting that the user should be well aware that he needs a good internet connection. If the user moves to a place with a crappy internet connection, that's the user's problem. When the user asks for help, what else can anyone do besides tell the user to get a better internet connection?

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  You also misunderstood something you don't need a "hierarchy" to share the same dream about a free and open operating system for your games.

And this time to many people share this dream inside of valve and outside of valve.

all your explanations doesn't matter at this point.

I think you do not comprehend my post at all. Your post is very weird..... I assume you are not familiar with English?

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm1800 View Post
                    I think you do not comprehend my post at all. Your post is very weird..... I assume you are not familiar with English?
                    Oh boy, you are new...

Comment

• There will be a new three-page Valve Linux article on Saturday morning (CST time, soon as I land) about a "special Linux delivery" -- for those that don't follow my Twitter feed. It's on the behalf of all Phoronix readers.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X