Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Kepler Works, But May Fill Your Hard Drive

Phoronix: Nouveau Kepler Works, But May Fill Your Hard Drive

The Nouveau Kepler Gallium3D code that was published yesterday does indeed work for allowing OpenGL acceleration on the GeForce 600 series using this reverse-engineered open-source code. In an odd story to end out the weekend, the Nouveau Kepler graphics driver consumed nearly 120GB of hard drive space while running this open-source driver on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Screenshot

Michael, you know that you can just take a screenshot instead of taking a photo of the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Michael, you know that you can just take a screenshot instead of taking a photo of the screen?
      Assuming I had disk space available... and wasn't in a rush.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

xwd also works in an ssh forwarded session.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
          Are the developers aware of those issues? Please report those issues to the devs.
          I'm assuming that the answer is yes. Michael said at the end of the article that a patch was already available, so someone must have noticed it and cared enough to fix it.

Comment

I wish the open source SI code would work, and if it wants to fill up my hard drive in the process, that's okay with me.

Comment

Working...
            X