X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Who in his right mind would not want to work for NVidia?
    Someone who doesn't appreciate the company?

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    How many rich foss taliban are there?

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    some rich FOSS taliban with coding skills good enough to develop graphic drivers

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
    @ RealNC: I think developers will rather refuse the offer if it means that they can't work on Nouveau. No need to be worried yet.

Leave a comment:

• AlbertP
    replied
    I rather think that nvidia has a secret for the OSS people, as there's yet another mysterious event, namely the early arrival of some patches in the kernel tree, only just after the launch (and a disguised patch about CRTC 2 and 3 even earlier). The two events must somehow be connected.

@ RealNC: I think developers will rather refuse the offer if it means that they can't work on Nouveau. No need to be worried yet.
    Last edited by AlbertP; 22 March 2012, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AlbertP
    replied
    I rather think nvidia has a secret for the OSS world, as there's yet another mystery, namely the early arrival of the first Kepler code. The two events are probably connected.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    There's also another potentially interesting development within the Nouveau camp. On IRC, a NVIDIA employee was actively recruiting Nouveau developers to try to join the company.
    Note that if that happens, the developers would most probably not be allowed to work on Nouveau anymore. So this isn't a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• airlied
    replied
    Originally posted by philcostin View Post
    Now that Nouveau is in the kernel, does it have any licence implications? It is MIT licensed which is fine for including in the Linux kernel but the moment that it gets maintained within the Linux kernel only, derivatives of nouveau must then be GPL licensed - so then other projects like Haiku OS would not be able to benefit from the work done on nouveau while its source tree is part of the Linux git tree.

I could be wrong but that's what it looks like from here...
    Its been in the kernel for years.

and it has an MIT license on the code that is shareable.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• philcostin
    replied
    Now that Nouveau is in the kernel, does it have any licence implications? It is MIT licensed which is fine for including in the Linux kernel but the moment that it gets maintained within the Linux kernel only, derivatives of nouveau must then be GPL licensed - so then other projects like Haiku OS would not be able to benefit from the work done on nouveau while its source tree is part of the Linux git tree.

I could be wrong but that's what it looks like from here...

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    So the mystery remains, how RedHat employees managed to obtain GTX680 before its official announcement? ;-)
    It's probably one of nvidia's hardware manufacturing partners who sent in an engineering sample.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X